Food Recalls - Planning and conducting a Food Recall and Crisis Communication
December 07, Tuesday 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
Why Should You Attend:
Reacting is the norm but anticipating and preparing are what's needed. Creating a robust process that will protect both
the consumer and the company's reputation requires careful planning and the active involvement of each department.
Another crucial element is communication, with the public as well as customers and shareholders. The risk posed by
the product is one important element but anticipating the consumer's reaction is key. Whether they respond with
disinterest to a serious hazard versus outrage requires a different communication strategy. As well, the messages sent
at the outset of the recall will be different than when the regulator gets involved and different again as the recall
reaches a conclusion.
The course will describe how to create the most comprehensive Recall Plan (or Crisis Response Plan).Once the
process has been documented we will review the Data Gathering / Investigation phase specifically and give examples
of microbiological studies (e.g. Listeria monocytogenes) important issues to be remembered. We will discuss what
are the best practices of an effective crisis communication. We will discuss the roles and approaches under different
Date: December 07, Tuesday 2010
Time: 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
Duration: 60 Min
Instructor: Angeline Benjamin
Location: Your office or conference room (no need to travel!) Angeline Benjamin
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
• Why should we have a Crisis Response Plan.
• How to create a flow diagram of the steps in a product recall.
• Develop list of team members’ roles and responsibilities at each step.
• Understand product recovery vs product recall and its classification.
• Example of the recent product recall and its trickledown effect.
• Example of investigation process of a Listeria outbreak.
• Review the best practice for effective Crisis Communication.
• Outline the responses / approaches based on a variety of crisis scenarios.
• Questions and discussion: What do you see your role to be and the others in your company and add suggestions.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all companies/ manufacturing sites. Those that would benefit most
• General Managers
• Plant Managers
• Operations / Production Management
• Quality Assurance Management
• Communication Team
• Any management team responsible to develop Crisis Response Plan for Product Recall
Angeline Benjamin, is the owner of B&B Food Safety Solutions. Angeline approaches her client’s issues
with results oriented from strategic, tactical and operational perspective. Her objective is to provide food
safety risk management and quality assurance solutions to clients in the food industry who have the vision for
quality and risk management as part of a strategic plan. Angeline has been involved in the quality assurance
and food safety businesses for over 27 years.
* Register Online. Use your American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
* For more than one attendee get 20% off on the price of additional attendee.
* Get your group to attend the webinar at a discounted price call +1- 650-620-3937.
* Call +1 - 650-620-3937 or Fax your PO: 650-963-2556.
* Mail your check to: ComplianceOnline (MetricStream, Inc), 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
This message was sent to you by:
Copyright © 2010 ComplianceOnline.com 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303