Unit #4: The Venture Plan
Part E – Financial Plan
Based on the research conducted in the other sections, complete the following for a
12 month period.
1. List all of the expenses you will incur to start up your business as either One-
Time Expenses (only needed to be purchased once before opening) or
Operating Expenses (ongoing expenses that will always occur). You only
need to list the items, not the prices.
One-Time Expenses Operating Expenses
2. Provide a detailed description as to how much money is required to purchase
all of the necessities for the first day of operations (you can refer back to Part
C for assistance with this part). Explain what financial challenges, if any,
will be the greatest for you before opening.
3. Provide a detailed listing as to the source of all money. Where will you get
the required funds to start your business? Do you anticipate needing any
further funds down the road for other plans related to the business? How
will you obtain this funding?
Website URL’s used for Part E
Question Website URL’s
4. Cash Flow Forecast – using the chart in the attached Excel file called “Cash
Flow Forecast Template”, create a 1-year cash flow forecast for your
business that anticipates the cash coming in and going out of the business.
5. Income Statement – prepare an income statement for the end of the first year
of operations (you can create the income statement within this file below). Be
sure to follow the proper format (refer to the sample income statement given
to you in class).