Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I get/submit my handicap?
This year we are requiring an officially sanctioned USGA handicap to earn points on this year's
tour. Golfers who do not have a handicap are encouraged to do so, however if you do not
have a handicap and still want to play you will be put in the Cholla flight and will not be eligible
to earn prizes, points or qualify for the finals.
If you already have a USGA sanctioned handicap than you are all set! We'll verify your
handicap before each event and place you in the appropriate flight but please email Adam
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kelly (email@example.com) with your handicap info before each
event to ensure you are flighted correctly.
Note: To prevent sandbagging we reserve the right to change your handicap flight at
future events based on your performance at a previous event.
What's included in the $60 (per event) price?
- 18 holes of golf w/cart and practice balls
- Fantastic prizes for the top finishers of each event and the finals including gift certificates,
free golf and more!
- Entry into the 36-hole Tour Championship event for golfers with the highest accumulated
point totals (golfers must pay greens fees).
How many events do I need to play in to qualify for the Tour Championship?
You can play in as many events as you'd like and the more you play in, the more points you
will earn! But in order to qualify for the Tour Championship event you must participate in at
least 5 out of the 9 tour stops. Unfortunately, there is no exception to this rule. Bonus points
will apply to the Tour Championship but you must still play in at least 5 events.
Can I play with a friend?
The Summer Swing Golf Tour is a great way to meet new people, however, if you do want to
play with a friend then we can try to arrange it but can make no promises as there are too
many golfers to accommodate. Please send your requests to Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Kelly (email@example.com) at least 5 days before each event to ensure your request is
received. Each golfer must be within the same flight to encourage competitiveness and to
keep up pace of play. Please email us in advance to request a pairing and we'll try to
accommodate you - NO GUARANTEES.
Can I use a GPS, Range Finder or similar device?
Yes, a USGA sanctioned GPS device, range finder or similar device CAN be used during the
Summer Swing events as long as the information obtained from the device is shared with your
fellow participants and offers no competitive advantage for the golfer using the device.
What is the information for The Summer Swing Tour Championship?
- The finals will be held at a date and course TBD; please check GolfNow for more info later in
- The Top 40 golfers with the highest point totals (typically 10 per flight) who have competed
in at least 5 events will be invited to the Summer Swing Finals
- The finals will be a 36-hole event for golfers with the highest accumulated point totals
(golfers must pay greens fees)
How is the Summer Swing flighted and scored?
- There will be 4 flights this year (all net scored other than Rincon which is gross scored) and all play
from according tee boxes:
1) Rincon (0 - 6.9) - gross scored
2) Tucson (7 - 13.9) - net scored
3) Cholla (14+) - net scored
4) Seniors (55+ age group only; must provide ID if asked) - net scored
- Women will play in the corresponding flight for their index and will tee off from the designated ladies