Fiber Optics/Copper Cable Networking Training
Susan Moylan, Director, 410-869-1105
Mary Lou Beach, Coordinator, 410-455-4515
Linda Sutherland, Program Assistant, 410-455-4221
1. Are there any pre-requisites?
2. Do students need to take assessments? If so, when and where?
There are no assessments.
3. Do students need to provide documentation of any sort before they can
4. Does this/these courses lead to a certification? If so, by whom?
CCBC provides certificate of completion
5. Do the students get grades, certificates, official or unofficial transcripts?
Yes, the students get a grade, CCBC certificate, and a transcript is on record.
6. If outside testing is required, ie board of nursing, what is the cost and what is
the name of the agency?
7. How long is the course (s)?
Hours 72 hours total
Add the course numbers and titles here
TEC 587 Fiber Optics and Copper Cable Networking - 72 hours
8. What is the demand for this knowledge in the job market? How much does it
Employment opportunities are available.
$10 - $12/hour
9. What do students need to bring to class?
Text: Provided Approximate Costs: Provided Where to
Papers, pen: Needed
10. What do students need to wear to class? Casual
11. What are the career opportunities for this student with little or no extra
Students are eligible for entry-level positions in the telecommunications field.
12.What type of self-discipline does the student in this career need? Does this
person need to be able to work alone or in-group…needs to follow orders or be
This career requires self-discipline. Some telecommunication techs work
alone; others work in groups. All employees need to be self-motivated and
able to follow orders.
L:Training/Program Information/ Fiber Optics Copper Cable Networking Training