25th Annual VANCOUVER FILM & TV FORUM
September 28 - October 1, 2010 plus New Filmmakers' Day, Oct. 2
Vancouver International Film Centre, 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver BC V6B 3M7
Tel: 604-685-3547 Fax: 604-688-8221 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.viff.org/forum
STORYVILLE VANCOUVER presented in partnership with Knowledge Network
Deadline for receipt of entries is 5:00 pm PST August 20, 2010
Successful applicants will be required to pitch their projects in Vancouver on Sept. 28th, 2010
Please fill in the form below, and email it to: email@example.com or mail to above address.
Original Title of Film
Canadian Production Company
Partner Production Company if applicable
Budget in $ Canadian
Co-production with another country Yes No Which country?:
Nationality of Keys producer: director: writer:
Theatrical/TV Distribution Involvement
Language of Film
Is this a first film? (list previous titles)
Development Materials Enclosed Press Kit Photos Video clips Trailer/demo DVD
Entry Fee (Can $45)
There is a project submission fee of Can$45 to cover administrative expenses. If a project is not selected for pitching
during Storyville Vancouver, the submission fee can be applied towards the cost of a Storyville or DOC Talk pass.
Submission fees are non-refundable. If a project is selected for presentation, a non-refundable registration fee of $200
per project will apply (your initial $45 submission fee will be deducted from this cost). The registration fee entitles the
presentation team (2 persons max) to attend Storyville, Doc Day plus networking opportunities.
Payment method: Visa Cheque Money Order
Expiry Date: Month: Year:
** Additional Documentation Required
1. A one-page status report on the project that describes the project's background and the current status of
financing, research, rights, access to interview subjects and production team.
2. A synopsis of max. 800 words (in English)
3. A two-page outline that provides some details about the visual treatment of the documentary and how the
story will be told.
4. A DVD with visual material if available.
5. Background information on the director and production company, max 500 words (in English)
6. A one-page budget and financing plan - not in PDF format please - Excel is preferred
7. Any film stills/photos of the project if available.
The additional documentation can be included with your electronic submission form or mailed directly to the
address below by August 20th, 2010.
** Please Note
1. Entries including more than the requested pages will not be accepted.
2. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. Project submissions will not be returned so please don't send original documentation
4. Forward all attachments in the following PC formats only: MS Word, MS Excel, PDF, QuickTime or JPEG
I have read the regulations above and accept them.
Name and Title:
Projects will undergo a selection process and will be chosen on their perceived international marketability and their suitability for the needs
of attending broadcasters. Please visit www.viff.org/forum for updates and further details on attending broadcasters. Only projects that
have been entered according to the Forum’s regulations will be taken into consideration. Priority will be given to long-form creative
documentaries. Docudramas, documentary series or reality style projects will not be considered.