“I’m Thankful for My Teacher Because…” Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF
WINNING, VOID WHERE PROBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Sponsors: Mission Federal Credit Union, Junior Achievement, Cox Communication and Channel 4
3. How to enter “I’m Thankful for My Teacher Because….”: There is one (1) way to enter. Complete
an “I’m Thankful for My Teacher Because….” post card. Post cards are available for pick up and
must be dropped off at any Mission Federal Credit Union branch or any Cox Cable store location
during business hours. One postcard entry per person per teacher. Students who are currently
attending school in grades Kindergarten through 12, at any public, private or home school program
located within San Diego County are eligible to participate. Parents of eligible students are may also
participate. Pre-school and post-high school students and parents are not eligible to participate.
Entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
4. Prizes and Odds of Winning: Grand Prizes (6) - 2 Elementary School Teachers, 2 Middle School
Teachers, and 2 High School Teachers. Grand Prize includes one (1) $175 Westfield gift card for
the teacher, $125 Visa/Mastercard gift card for the classroom of the winning teacher to be used
towards a classroom party or field trip, and the Junior Achievement curriculum for the class of the
winning teacher valued at $750 for elementary school, $850 for middle school, and $1150 for high
school classes. Honorable mentions (10) Prize- Visa/Mastercard Gift Card $50 value. Odds of
winning will vary depending on the number of entries received per teacher. Prize is non-transferable
and no cash substitution is permitted. Subject to availability.
5. Entry Period and Drawing: Entries must be received at any Mission Federal Credit Union branch
location or any Cox Cable store location during business hours between November 1, 2008 and
November 30, 2008 close of business. Entries will be collected, reviewed and counted by Junior
Achievement. The winners will be announced no later than December 13, 2008. The winner will be
contacted by phone and/or mail. To obtain a list of the official winners of the campaign (after the
conclusion of the campaign), send a self addressed envelope to: Mission Federal Credit Union “I’m
Thankful for My Teacher Campaign” Winners, Mission Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 919023 San
Diego, CA 92191-9023. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
6. Eligibility: All teachers recognized must be U. S. residents age 18 or older. Winners must be able to
provide verification of identity and age. Teachers must be actively teaching in San Diego County at
the time of the drawing to be eligible for the prize(s). All participants in this campaign accept and
agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors.
7. Liability and General Rules: Entrants agree to hold all Sponsors and each of its officers, directors,
employees, members, representatives and agents harmless from any liability arising from
participation in the “I’m Thankful for My Teacher Because...” campaign. Sponsors are not
responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss or other damages arising from,
or in connection with, acceptance or participation in this campaign. Sponsors are not responsible for
any incorrect or inaccurate information, lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, or
mutilated entries or other materials or bona fide human processing errors. Further, Sponsors are not
responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind,
including any which may affect your entry in this campaign. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify
entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules and regulations, who tamper with the entry process,
or who make any misrepresentations relative to this campaign. Sponsor shall have the absolute right
to determine if an entry is in compliance with these Official Rules without notice to the person
attempting to enter.
8. Tax issues: Taxes due on prizes are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Mission Federal Credit
Union will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by
applicable law. Winners, as applicable, are responsible for tax consequences (if any) of the prize.
9. Employees of Sponsors, affiliates and their family members are eligible to participate.
10. By entering this campaign, each participant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide by
these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the campaign.
11. Publicity Authorization: By entering, participants consent to the use of their name, likeness, image
and biographical date for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation,
except where prohibited by law. Participants may be required to sign, notarize and return to the
Sponsors an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Prize and/or Publicity Release.
12. Sponsors reserve the right to suspend or cancel the campaign or modify these Official Rules as
necessary for any reason or as required by applicable law. Sponsors reserves the right, at their sole
discretion, to disqualify the campaign, and ban from any future promotions, any person they believe
is to have intentionally violated these Official Rules or tampered with any element of the campaign
without notice to the disqualified or banned person.