Vacancy Control Process
1. VCF merged document completed by Key Recruiter - Department/Ward Manager
2. VCF merged document forwarded electronically via Authorising Manager, complete with
relevant job description employee specification and KSF broad outline. (Title in email
must read division, dept and job title e.g. Medicine, MAU, Staff Nurse).
3. Directorate Manager (or if absent, Designated Deputy must have been approved on the list
of Authorised Signatories prior to submission of form) authorises vacancy and forwards to
Recruitment inbox. (Title in email must read division, dept and job title e.g. Medicine,
MAU, Staff Nurse).
4. In order to speed the process of your vacancy you are advised to cc your relevant Financial
Advisor in on the email requesting financially approval to recruit.
5. Any incomplete documents will be returned to Key Recruiter/manager by the Recruitment
6. Authorisation checked and forms validated.
7. If authorisation not correct, and/or relevant recruitment documents not completed a nd
attached, the VCF will be returned to the Key Recruiter/manager.
8. The vacancy is allocated a reverence number.
9. For new roles refer to Banding Protocol on H R website under Policies and Procedures.
10. VCF is passed to Finance for approval. Once approval is given the vacancy is created on
11. Approval granted/not granted
12. Log date approved/not approved
13. Consider approved vacancies in light of current redeployment list/CIP as necessary
14. Confirm outcome with DM’s/key recruiters.
15. Proceed with recruitment/redeployment process for approved vacancies
16. Recruiting manager is advised of closing date of vacancy once advertised.
Vacancy Control Process Map
Complete VCF merged document
Forward electronically to authorising Manager
Is the VCF completed in full including draft advert, employee
No specification, KSF outline and a JD attached? Yes
VCF returned to
Vacancy authorised by Directorate Manager (or designated deputy) and
forwarded electronic ally to Recruitment for action.
(To speed up to the process cc relevant Financial Advisor for approval)
Vacancy allocated a V CF number and forwarded to
Finance for approval if already not obtained.
No Approval granted? Yes
Confirm outcome with Key Rec ruiter
Date of approval/non approval logged with Recruitment
Proceed with recruitment/redeployment process once
Recruiting Manager is advised of closing date once