JOB TITLE: GLOBAL PLANNING & DOCUMENT CONTROL
VACANCY REFERENCE: J000392
Global Planning & Document
Job Title: Vacancy Ref. No: J000392
Staff or Contract Staff Normal Location & Mobility Global role, based in any of:
Houston / Stavanger / Aberdeen
/ London / Rio
New or Replacement: New Working Hours: 37.5
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently looking to recruit a Global Planning & Document Control Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, in
order to establish consistent systems and methods of working across the globe as well as provide better control, monitoring and
planning for the management of the business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain global standards and processes for project planning and document control system
• Approve planning, document control and schedule risk analyses, software for all regions, standardizing across all regions
• Assist in recruitment of planning and document control staff in all regions
• Maintain job descriptions for all planning and document control roles
• Establish a training and mentoring programme for planning and document control staff
• Recognise and accept personal responsibility for compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Responsible for maintaining the resource management system (RMS) engineering resource planning.
• Co-ordinate overall engineering resource forecasts from RMS
• Work with regional engineering managers and resource co-ordinators in implementing and reporting for the resource
• Support business acquisition in responding to I.T.T. with requests to document control and project planning requirements.
• Responsible for maintaining the CTR development system for engineering resource planning and budgeting.
• Promote company standards for detailed planning information (Gantt charts, histograms, PERT charts) for projects and
• Develop and maintain a capability to provide advanced scheduling and planning techniques and analysis for projects.
• Advise on setting up of progress monitoring and forecasting systems to suit clients requirements.
• Maintain computer planning systems and manage inputs to MRS.
• Advise on Work Breakdown Structure, with the object of maintaining consistency across regions.
• In consultation with relevant parties, develop vessel schedules and provide probabilities risk analysis of same.
Business/Technical Skills • Oil & gas experience would be beneficial, but is not essential.
& • Candidates should have extensive experience in a project planning or
document control position at a similar level.
Educational Attainments : • Ability to lead and function in a matrix organisation.
• Ability to prioritise own and others’ workload, manage time accordingly.
• Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
Interpersonal Skills: • Candidates should be flexible with regards to travel requirements due to
(e.g. oral & written communication, the nature of the role
customer liaison, team player, etc)
External - Please send your CV to email@example.com. Quoting
the vacancy reference number in the subject line
Confidential Page 1 of 1