TIA YVETTE BAKER Atlanta, GA 30349
Proven leader and manager in Information Architecture, User Interface Design and Web Application Development
SOLUTION ARCHITECTS, Alpharetta, GA March 2001 - Present
Principal Consultant, User Experience
Lead multidisciplinary team of Information Architects, User Interface Designers, Human Factor Engineers, Technical
Writers, Front End Markup Engineers and Flash Developers, applying best practices during management oversight
for all client projects. Developed client’s value proposition and supported partner relationships as lead project
consultant, tasked with delivering software design, information architecture and user interface design work. Lead
object orientated analysis and design and authored functional and interface design specifications.
Project Highlights include:
• Led client information architecture and design activities for a AAA and CAA joint project: Travel
Syndication Technology (TST) Syndication Hub, a central point for booking air travel, cruises, hotels,
car rentals, attraction tickets, and insurance services.
• Led client information architecture and design activities for two Clearleap products: Clearleap Exchange,
a content distribution platform for scheduling and delivering Video On Demand content and broadcast cable
and satellite channels, and Clearleap Marketplace, a content marketplace which allows cable and satellite
providers to license and retrieve content from professional and user generated content publishers.
• Led client information architecture and design activities for Venafi SEM, a web-based server encryption
management application that automates the discovery and lifecycle management of symmetric keys and digital
certificates in large data centers.
• Led information architecture and design activities for a custom workflow application developed for
MasterCard that bridged the gap between legacy MasterCard encryption systems and Venafi SEM.
• Participated in re-architecture of BroadVision’s Enterprise Portal platform from C++ to J2EE.
Documented re-architecture using Rational suite of products (Rose, Requisite Pro), including use cases,
sequence, class, and component diagrams modeled with UML.
• Led user experience activities in the consolidation of the Bank of America and NationsBank Intranet
after their merger. Modules included workplace communications, training, benefits, financial services, travel
services, industry news, stock quotes and electronic commerce.
• Led user experience activities for new release of Siemens Dematic SIPLACE Pro, a desktop industrial
automation application to manage circuit board assembly.
Other clients include: AAA/CAA, Bank of America, BroadVision, Cox Newspapers, Inc., EarthLink,
MasterCard, Siemens Dematic EAS , U.S. Air Force, and Vitrue.
EARTHLINK, Atlanta, GA November 2002 – October 2007
Principal, Information Architect
Managed day to day activities of six geographically dispersed information architects; Promoted user centered design
throughout company; Implemented new processes to ensure ease of use and consistency among products; Introduced
rapid prototyping; Authored user interface specifications, resulting in consistent information architecture
deliverables and improved communication with product and development teams; Worked closely with executive
stakeholders on concept and positioning of future EarthLink products, and supported product teams in the selection
of development partners; Managed partner relationship from project launch through delivery of final application.
Project Highlights include:
• Led all user experience activities for EarthLink Wireless product lines, which included information
architecture and design of user interfaces for PalmOS and Blackberry WAP content portals, native email
TIA YVETTE BAKER
applications, installation CDs, web-based account management tool, and retail standalone kiosks located in
Best Buy stores.
• Led user interface team in the development of EarthLink Feather, a wireless fidelity service providing high
speed network access to municipalities and destination portals for the cities of Atlanta, Philadelphia, Anaheim,
and Denver; Designed web-based account management tools, Flash product tours, and network administrator
tool to manage prequalification of locations, node serviceability, wholesaler activation.
• Led user interface team in the development of EarthLink WebLife, a social networking product designed to
provide desktop and web-based photo and video sharing, file storage and backup/restore applications.
MEDIAOCEAN, Atlanta, GA May 2000 – March 2001
Manager, User Interface
Built company’s user interface group from the ground up; Experience with managing multiple design disciplines,
including the position titles: Information Architect, Creative Director, Graphic Designer, Copywriter, and Front End
Developers; Participated in product strategy, roadmap planning, requirements definition, and marketing initiatives.
MINDSPRING ENTERPRISES, Atlanta, GA July 1997 – May 2000
Interface Architect (Engineering), Art Director (Corporate Communications), Web Developer (Web Hosting)
Held three successive job responsibilities; Introduced user centered design as a philosophy and practice to the
organization; Defined information architecture and lead design of user interfaces for consumer and employee facing
applications; Authored interface design specifications for MindSpring’s customer relationship management
tools, corporate intranet
University of Maryland University Center, Adelphi, MD January 2007 – Present
Dual degree candidate, Master of Distance Education and Master of Business Administration
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA June 1996
Bachelor of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Georgia Institute of Technology, December 2006
Advanced Technology Development Center, Atlanta, GA
Fastrac TechVenture Graduate
Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA August 2002
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
• Atlanta chapter of ACM Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (http://www.chia.org)
• Bay Area chapter of ACM Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (http://www.baychi.org)
• Technology Association of Georgia (http://www.tagonline.org)
• Georgia Institute of Technology Alumni Association