Writing a Business Plan
Why And How
Who needs a business plan?
• Start-up companies
• Firms seeking financial help
• Firms seeking strategic help
Why do you need a business plan?
• It will be a sales tool when you go out to build relationships
with investors, banks, partners and advisors
• It will help you define your objectives and allow you to realize
your status quo, thereby helping you to plan further
• You will be able to discover the strengths and weaknesses of
Things you should first figure out
• The Business Concept
• The Current Market
• Possible Future Market
• Management of Company/Project
• Change Management
What to avoid when writing
• Do not write many pages. Keep the entire proposal - short.
• Do not write long and confusing sentences. Write clearly, to
the point and in an easy to understand manner.
• Do not repeat.
• Do not be too optimistic about long-term plans. But do
mention long-term plans. Be realistic about short-term plans.
• Do not use highly creative language. Be realistic and focused.
This is the first part of the business plan. And provides an outline of
the business plan. It conveys what you want to do to the reader, in
an effective, persuasive manner.
Its components are
• The Objectives
• The Mission
• Success Points
• Main Service Offered
• Current Market
• Financial Requirements
• Promising Future
Other things you could include
You could include the following if you prefer. Explain in a few
lines i.e. in a nut shell.
• Stakeholder Statements
• Competitive Analysis
• Major Achievements
• Industry Barriers
• Customer motivators
The steps to writing a project proposal
• Gather data.
• Outline – what, who, how.
• Understand who the audience is.
• Write the draft.
• Focus on Concept.
• Write in a short, persuasive and compelling way. With a
touch of creativity blended with the serious tone.
• Get a friend or professional to read the draft.
• Improve, re-write, focus.
How Copywriting Direct can help you
• We are a team of experienced writers
• We understand the art of Business Proposal writing
• We have the input of an experienced marketing
• We can write in creative and serious tones
• We can write in a persuasive manner
• We spend time understanding our clients’
background and needs, as well as their customers’
Contact Copywriting Direct
Copywriting Direct (Pvt) Ltd
15, Quarry Road, Pita-Kotte, Kotte, Sri Lanka
Phone: +94 (0) 112865132
Fax: +94 (0) 112865132