A Resource for Free-standing Mathematics Units Invoice assignment
FREE-STANDING MATHEMATICS UNITS
Foundation Level: Managing Money
Student name Student signature
Date due in Date submitted
You have to use the Excel Workbook “Invoices” to produce
three different invoices. For each invoice you have to enter
figures in the blue cells to complete it.
For each invoice;
1. Type your name next to customer.
2. Make up your own figures to complete the bills and
enter them into the blue cells.
3. Print out a copy of the completed invoice.
4. One of the invoices has a mistake built into the calculations. Find the mistake
and correct the bill.
5. By each of the letters A, B, C… write what the calculated amount is for, e.g.
“standing charge” and also the calculator entries you have to make to
reproduce the same calculation.
6. If you want to gain high marks in this assignment, you must bring in some
invoices from home and show how the values have been calculated at each
stage of preparing the bill.
You must show clearly how values have been calculated at each stage of
preparing each bill.
Mark guidelines are given below. The maximum mark for each theme is 17.
To achieve: 5 marks 10 marks 15 marks
Structuring & presenting Acted on advice to complete Worked + Work structured logically
your work the task independently
Using appropriate No major errors + Evidence of + Appropriate, efficient &
mathematics & working checking your work concise working
Interpreting mathematics Understands what solution + Describe in words + Summarise and draw
means in terms of the real the main features of appropriate conclusions.
situation the situation
Signature of lecturer Date
Hopwood Hall College
Hopwood Hall Co llege