Kennedys Latin America LLC is based in
Miami to help international insurers and
reinsurers manage claims and non-contentious
issues arising in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Welcome to Kennedys
Welcome to “Counter-cyclical firm extraordinaire, Kennedys is now
the fastest-growing UK player in the market. In short,
Recent experience in Latin America includes:
• Argentina: Advising on pesification related issues;
registration for non-domiciled reinsurers.
London Partner Alex Guillamont relocated permanently to
a firm at the peak of its powers and planting roots for Miami from our Madrid office to be available to assist the
Kennedys Miami further successes.”
Legal Business Awards 2010
Brazil: D&O foreign policy issues; CAR losses.
Caribbean: Property and energy losses, large Business
market locally. Alex is qualified in both Spanish and English
law and already has considerable experience in the Latin
Kennedys is a litigation and dispute resolution firm with over Interruption (BI) claims. American region. The Miami based team includes Paula
900 people worldwide. We are regarded as leaders in the • Chile: Earthquake related losses; mining and power plant Jimenez, a Chilean and Florida qualified lawyer, and
insurance market as a result of our clear focus, the expertise disputes; political risk policy response. Salvadoran Paralegal, Karla Salguero. All staff in Miami
of our partners and legal staff and because we know it’s • Colombia: Energy disputes. are bilingual in English and Spanish.
important to be practical, commercial and approachable.
• Ecuador: Oil related third party and environmental claims; The office is supported by Kennedys’ international insurance
Our Miami office is based in the heart of the reinsurance power plant disputes. division, headed by Nick Williams and Senior Partner Nick
district. The choice of location recognises the city’s pre- • Haiti: Earthquake related large property claims. Thomas, who both have over 30 years experience leading
eminent status as the Latin and Caribbean underwriting • Mexico: Energy and property disputes; regulatory issues the market on significant insurance and reinsurance matters
and claims hub for international insurers and reinsurers. in respect of non-domiciled reinsurers and coverholders. worldwide. The division has grown to more than 450
While not advising on US law, our Miami office is well placed • Peru: Mining losses; professional indemnity and BBB lawyers in Kennedys’ network of international offices.
to support clients from inside the region, drawing on the policy interpretation.
skills and experience available in Kennedys' London and • Venezuela: BBB; construction; energy and
other offices, in addition to the local, practical and procedural shipping/international trade disputes.
knowledge of our network of Latin American and Caribbean • Regionally: Monitor claims under Third Party
correspondents. Administration (TPA)/binder arrangements, manage
regulatory compliance requirements for non-domiciled
Core practice areas reinsurers. Alex Guillamont Paula Jimenez
We advise reinsurers and international insurers on a wide +1 305 371 1111 +1 305 371 1111
Kennedys ethos firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
range of work and specialist sectors, including:
Kennedys’ approach is straightforward and informal.
• Bankers Blanket Bond (BBB) We provide our clients with direct, uncomplicated, clear
• Contractors All Risk (CAR)/Erections All Risk (EAR), advice and recommendations, delivered in plain English.
property and engineering In short, we believe in finding the best and most cost
• Directors and Officers (D&O) effective solution for our clients and provide value by
• Energy insurance, including renewables focusing on what is needed and delivering it in a friendly
• Financial institutions but businesslike manner. Kennedys is committed to Business Manager/Paralegal
+1 305 371 1111
• Major environmental and natural disasters providing legal advice in black and white. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Marine, aviation and transport Winner of the 'Law Firm of the Year' and 'Insurance
• Product and professional liability Team of the Year' Legal Business Awards 2010.
• Regulatory compliance and Third Party
• War, political risks and terrorism
Alex Guillamont Paula Jimenez
Tel: +1 305 371 1111 Mob: +1 305 608 2456 Tel: +1 305 371 1111
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: Kennedys Latin America LLC, Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue, Office: Kennedys Latin America LLC, Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue,
Suite 610, Miami, FL 33131. USA Suite 610, Miami, FL 33131. USA
Practice areas Clients types Practice areas • Represents financial and insurance companies in legislative
• Insurance/reinsurance • Insurers and reinsurers • Insurance/reinsurance and lobbying matters and before regulatory agencies.
• Shipping and international trade • Steel and energy companies • Arbitrations • Handles real estate, asset backed financing and
• Healthcare Professional • Real estate syndicate loans.
• Construction and engineering 2000 Qualified in Spain
• Liability Clients types
2003 Qualified in England and Wales • Handles insurance and reinsurance litigation • Insurers and reinsurers
• Professional indemnity 2005 LLM Insurance and international Trade (UCL) and arbitrations throughout Latin America. • Banks
• Represents insurers in pre-trial and trial coverage litigation
in relation to professional liability, ERISA, D&O coverage,
• Resolving Spanish/Latin American law intricacies for • Promoter and co-editor of Guide to Insurance marine insurance, products liability and title insurance.
London clients and making English law and procedure 2009 Juris Doctor (Florida International University)
and Reinsurance Law in Iberia and Latin America,
understandable to Spanish/Latin American clients. Kennedys (1st Ed. 2005 and 2nd Ed. 2007)
• Handles civil liability, property, medical malpractice, ERISA, 2002 LLM Corporate and Business Law (Puerto Rico)
and D&O claims.
• Languages – English, Spanish and French. Drafted Spanish and English law contributions. 1996 Qualified in Chile
• Policy drafting and coverage advice. • Promoter and editor of Kennedys e-newsletter
• Experienced in policy drafting and coverage advice.
• Dispute resolution and subrogated recovery. on Iberia and Latin America. • Provides regulatory advice on insurance and banking
regulation, corporate law and e-commerce.
• Regulatory advice particularly in respect of non-domiciled • Regular contributor to online insurance and reinsurance • American Bar Association
carriers and underwriting agencies in Spain and newsletter El Dial, The Lawyer, Post Insurance Magazine, • Has prepared appellate briefs, reply briefs, petitions of
• Federal Bar Association
certiorari, interlocutory appeals and extraordinary writs on
Latin America. Setting up and running Third Party and other industry journals.
matters of insurance defence before the Supreme Court of
• Florida Bar Association
Administration (TPA) schemes and handling claims
Memberships Puerto Rico, intermediate appellate courts and the United • Cuban American Bar Association
• President of the Association of Young Professionals in Spain States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. • Chilean Bar Association
• Energy, pollution and power generation claims.
• CAR, DSU, and ALOPs disputes.
• Professional indemnity for construction and energy
• Medical malpractice and catastrophic personal injury,
employers’ liability and public liability claims and related
Tel: +1 305 371 1111
• D&O, BBB and Jewellers’ Block disputes.
• Political risk and riots.
Office: Kennedys Latin America LLC, Espirito Santo Plaza, 1395 Brickell Avenue,
• Keyman insurance, cross options and sales Suite 610, Miami, FL 33131. USA
buy out agreements.
• Defending and prosecuting aircraft carriers
in Latin America and debt recovery.
• Contractual claims involving B/ls, C/ps, COAs, MOAs, Experience
sale of goods and their associated insurances. • 11 years experience in the Miami corporate sector.
• Awarded the Iberian Lawyer 40 under 40 award 2009. • Expertise in accounts and billing systems.
• Fluent in English and Spanish and has translation
UK offices International offices
25 Fenchurch Avenue Level 6
London 70 Shortland Street
EC3M 5AD PO Box 3158
Belfast New Zealand
61-65 Fountain Street Dubai
Belfast 902B Al Attar Business Tower
BT1 5EX Sheikh Zayed Road
Birmingham United Arab Emirates
35 Newhall Street
Birmingham Hong Kong
B3 3PU 11th Floor
The Hong Kong Club Building
Cambridge 3A Chater Road
Terrington House Central
13-15 Hills Road Hong Kong
CB2 1NL Madrid
Paseo de Recoletos 27
Chelmsford Planta 7
Greenwood House 28004 Madrid
91/99 New London Road Spain
CM2 0PP Espirito Santo Plaza
1395 Brickell Avenue
Maidstone Suite 610
Victoria Court Miami, FL 33131
17-21 Ashford Road USA
ME14 5FA One Phillip Street
Manchester Singapore 048692
44 Peter Street
M2 5GP Level 31
Sheffield 2 Park Street
Ventana House Sydney NSW 2000
2 Concourse Way Australia
Kennedys is a trading name of Kennedys Law LLP.
Taunton Kennedys Law LLP is a limited liability partnership registered
Monmouth House in England and Wales (with registered number OC353214)
Blackbrook Business Park
Somerset For further details and for full team profiles
please see our website