A DMINISTRATIVE A SSISTANT Ellen Bloom
214 Elway Drive
Los Angeles, California 90011
Self-motivated professional with expertise in interpersonal communications,
human resources, and marketing functions. Highly skilled in creating and
editing documents, including reports, letters, presentations, and forms. Able
to increase productivity across departments by instilling efficiency and
improving office operations. Expert with Microsoft Office and Quicken.
Taking Dictation Organizing Important Meetings
Writing Memos Hiring Personnel
Reporting Expenses Training Receptionist
Word Processing Payroll
Preparing Plans for Events Data Entry
Managing Budgets Research
GLOBAL IMPORT MANAGEMENT — Burlingame, California 2003 to 2009
Rapidly advanced from temp to full-time with key role processing monthly expense reports
and handling travel arrangements for two to six executives and managers, overseeing all
calendars and basic communications. Arranged on- and off-site board meetings and visits
from business collaborators overseas. Produced memos, emails and voicemails, personally
responding to messages if appropriate. Created spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
for administrative training sessions.
• Supported development of administrative processes and procedures manual, which
improved consistency and productivity throughout the firm.
• Maintained company-wide database with record of all key memos sent, organized by
project and manager.
• Consulted directly to HR director on hiring of essential administrative employees,
• Took on extra work, including support of 3 additional managers when other
administrative personnel was unavailable.
ELLEN BLOOM • Page 2
PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL DEVICES GROUP, INC. — Palo Alto, California 1995 to 2002
Aided three Vice Presidents and one Director by supervising administrative staff for all day-to-
day office operations. Handled calendars and schedules, ordered supplies, and supervised
travel agency for all executive travel plans.
• Hired all administrative staff at company, establishing interview processes and
procedures. Consulted with CEO on administrative priorities for new hired.
• Helped scientists with research paper submissions to key journals and entries into
• Served as liaison between executive staff and external service providers
Associate of Arts in English, May 1993
FOOTHILL COLLEGE, Los Altos Hills, California