Advantages disadvantages of
1. Easier to communicate throughout 1. Delocalization creates unemployment
the boundaries in developed countries
2. Easier to travel 2. Non-controlled circulation of money
3. Cultural interchange (free market) – no ethics
4. International Trade 3. The businessmen and the big
5. Better and cheaper products companies are the only winners in
6. Improvement of new technologies 4. Exploitation of the workers in the
7. The cheaper products increases the developing countries – incl. children
purchase power 5. Money problems can easily be spread
8. The transport of the products is 6. The mix of cultures can lead to racism,
easier and faster xenophobia, intolerance and loss of
9. Globalization creates a political and national identity
an economical union, which 7. Small companies have to go out of
facilitates the agreement between business because they cant compete
the countries with the multinationals
8. As a result the gap between the poor
and the rich people increases
In which world you will live
in 15 years?
Our motto: “Join our forces in the European Union!”
Positive opinions Negative opinions
• No more borders. We can pass freely • There will be more discriminations,
• Cheaper, faster and easier transport. because the mix of cultures will
The communication there will be faster increase and people are afraid of what
and cheaper too they don’t know
• People will know more about others – • Every country could lose own cultural
their languages, culture and habits identity, habits and traditions
• Thanks to European Parliament
guaranteed common laws and human
rights for each country
• Europe will have created their common
social system with common
guaranteed minimal wage, so that we
can mitigate a part of the injustice
created the different live standards in
every european country
Our future depends on us and on our politicians. Without the
support of the politicians we can’t create a positive future.
GLOBALIZATION: What can we do as
citizens to make the world a better place?
DAILY BEHAVIOR POLITICAL ACTIONS
• Buy guaranteed organic products • Making sure people get informed
• Try to buy fair trade products also in alternative ways and taking
whenever possible this information critical
• Recycle everything possible • The EU have to make sure there
are clean water supplies for
• Use cleaner fuels
• Help the third world as much as
• The EU can try to donate not only
money, but also tools which
• Don’t hesitate to take every should be directly given to the
opportunity possible to meet new countries in need
people from different cultures
• Improve education
• Don’t overuse natural resources
• Reduce emission of co2
• Promote integration of immigrants
The role of the EU and globalization
•Strong countries have to help weak countries.
•The EU should counter-balance the USA and other emerging
•The EU has a big responsibility being a model to other
•The EU has to promote cultural equality, but preserving our
•The EU can promote our intercultural exchanges.
•The union makes the force.
•The EU must globalize Human Rights.
•The EU must preserve the peace.
•The EU has to protect the jobs of the EU citizens.
•The EU must control pollution made by big companies