Welcome to …
Purchasing is a “Team Effort”
a partnership between your department and the
Purchasing Department at U of A!
Check online at www.uark.edu/busaffrs/purchasing/
Linda K. Fast, APO, CPPO, CPPB
Manager of Procurement
321 Administration Building
Department Number 479-575-2551
• Andy Fletcher – Buyer Supervisor
• Karen Walls, CPPB – Buyer
• Ellen Ferguson – Buyer
• Whitney Smith - Buyer
• Linda Hickman – Project Manager
• Judith Drummonds – Project Manager
P- Card Services
Wenoah Goodson - Manager
Mon – Fri
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Dewayne Keirn – Manager
Please Feel Free to Contact Us
with any questions, problems or concerns.
You can expect our full cooperation!
We are committed to Quality Customer
Service…it’s our pledge to you!
Remember to PLAN AHEAD
Allow a realistic amount of time for the processing of
your requisition and delivery from the vendor.
Check our suggestions, cautions and information
listed on our web site.
Purchasing & Contracting Authority
U of A Purchasing Department:
Purchasing & Contracting Authority for U of A!
All purchases, contracts, rentals and leases are subject to
policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Trustees
of the U of A and regulations and procedures as stipulated
in Arkansas statutes and regulations.
BASIS requisition processing
for U of A Departments
• Call your Buyer for
• BASIS requisitions received by
Purchasing without the proper
information or documents
attached will not receive
Contact your department Buyer
or see the Purchasing web site
for more information
Internal Purchase Requisition
• Your requisition is strictly an in house
document . Please use the comment
functions available in BASIS to inform
your department, as well as your Buyer
of specific processing information or
justifications the purchase requires.
• Please complete all Information
necessary for processing and double
check for accuracy before sending to
your departmental Buyer through the
BASIS target system
• Must have all documents attached
• Remember - All requisitions must be
approved and a Purchase Order issued
PRIOR to the purchase
• Each Purchase Order is valid only for
the vendor for whom it is issued. No
substitutions for vendors is allowed!
Call your departmental Buyer if you have
• Types of Purchase Orders
• Status of Orders
• Purchase Order Cancellation and Change
• Purchasing Timetable
• Procedures for Receiving Freight
• Shipping & Handling Charges/Tax
Merchandise Returns & Repairs
• Return of Merchandise
• Restocking Fee
• Return of Non- Please remember to check
Merchandise or with the Purchasing
Damaged Goods Department if you have
• Repair of Merchandise any questions about the
or Equipment procedures involved in
• Copier Repair
any of the areas listed!
• Out of Warranty
• Warranty Repairs
Specific Merchandise & Services
• Office Supplies –
Pricing Online & Retail
We also use:
• State Contracts
• E&I Co-op Contracts
• US Communities
• TIPS/TAPS Contracts
• Many competitively bid
Computer Hardware, Software, & Peripherals
• Purchase from the U of A Computer Store
• Contact your departmental Buyer or Whitney
Smith at 5-5158 with general questions.
• Check with IT if you have a question about your
request, be sure to obtain department approval,
and forward the requisition to your Buyer for
Fixed Asset Purchases
• Capitalized Fixed Assets are defined for
inventory purposes as “all tangible property with
a unit cost of twenty five hundred dollars
($2,500.00) or more
and a normal
usage of two
(2) or more
Fixed Asset Information
• We are Custodians of State & University Assets
• Annual Inventory of ALL Tagged Items
• Tagging of Computer Equipment is scheduled and done by property
• Moves of Heavy Pieces may be Done by Facilities Maintenance
(Submit a Work Request to the Labor Shop for an internal move)
Wenoah Goodson 5-2325
• Call before you
new, she may have
what you need at the
• Check with your
if you need to surplus
U of A property!
• Karen Jones – Travel Manager
• Guide - Traveling for U of A
• Travel Policy
• Creating Travel Authorizations
• T-card Information
• Vehicle Rental Contacts
• Information on Vehicle Rental
• E-mail: UATravel@uark.edu
Official Functions Policy
All food /beverage purchases must qualify or
meet at least one of the categories below:
• Meetings to host official guests of the University
• Meetings of official in-house committees and advisory groups
which require a working luncheon
• Scheduled official receptions, and student honors receptions
• Meetings of an administrative nature which require employees
to work through their lunch
• Student Functions
• Meetings with prospective University donors
• Receptions for official purposes
• Other events which include the public and/or students
• ALL printing not processed by PMC
Solutions at U of A MUST BE BID by
U of A Purchasing Department if
using a BASIS requisition. Bidding is
good business practice for other
funding sources too!
• Printing is wet ink on paper.
• U of A has the authority to bid printing
up to $25,000. Jobs over that amount
must be bid/approved by the Office
of State Procurement in Little Rock.
• Copying is dry ink (toner) on paper.
• Call PMC Solutions 5-2404 for your
printing, mail service & copying!
Quote Bids $5,000 - $24,999
• Require a minimum of
three (3) quotes (no
printing) which may be
obtained by the dept.
• E-mail quotes are
• Send quote information
to your Buyer in
Purchasing when you
Sealed Bids over $25,000
• Sealed bidding is required for
all non contract purchases
• U of A must follow strict
sealed bidding procedures
according to state law.
• Be specific enough to get
what you want – brand name,
model, item number, etc
• Be broad enough, so we
don’t eliminate competition!
• Contact your departmental
Buyer – we are here to assist
Sole Source Procurement
• Sole Source Purchases are purchases which can
only be purchased from a single source.
• All Sole Source requests must come to Purchasing
for approval of documentation.
• The Manager of Procurement Services and/or the
Business Manager must approve all Sole Source
purchases for U of A.
Complimentary & Preview Purchases
• Ordering and/or accepting
Delivery of Complimentary
or Preview Items.
• Free is Not Always Free!
• Return and/or Cancellation
of Complimentary Orders or
“After The Fact” Purchases
Any employee that orders and/or purchases
goods/services without obtaining proper
approval prior to completing an Internal
Purchase Requisition and the issuance of a
U of A Purchase Order, may ultimately be
liable for the cost of the goods/services.
“After the Fact”
• Don’t wait to process your requisition!
• Your Purchase Order must be issued before the
event or items are ordered!
• Full disclosure and departmental approval must be
obtained for any purchases made “After the Fact”.
Sample Forms and Information
Available on the web or call your
departmental Buyer for help!
Departmental Number 5-2551
Please Remember to Call Us if You Have Any Questions…
We Are Here to Help You!