Service Costs and Maintenance Packages
Servicing costs, downtime and the number of visits to a workshop for routine servicing are key areas
focussed on during the concept development of Mercedes-Benz vans.
That is why we introduced Service Assyst as standard on Vito and Sprinter. Through the use of ‘Assyst’,
servicing and maintenance levels are calculated according to the vehicle in line with the intensity of the vehicle
usage. Service Assyst gives the Mercedes-Benz vans sector leading ﬂexible service intervals of between 18,000 and
The following graph illustrates the servicing costs using the New Service Package for the Sprinter and its respec-
tive competitors. This independent study conducted by Strategem in 2007 has used the following parameters:
• Manufacturer recommended scheduled service intervals
• Hourly labour rate of £55.00 to provide uniformity (local rates may differ)
• Minimum service intervals of 18,000 miles taken for Sprinter
Sprinter sector guaranteed servicing costs
(based on 3 years 90,000 miles using the New Service Package)
Servicing Costs For 3 Years
VW LT35 2.5 Tdi ANJ (109PS) £1370
Renault Master LM35 Ph2 (GU 754) 2.5dCi 100bhp £1,203
Ford Transit 2.4TD (115PS) £1,003
Iveco Daily CT Hpi 35S12 (116bhp) £761
Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI (100PS) £737
MB Sprinter 311 Cdi £675
£0 £200 £400 £600 £800 £1,000 £1,200 £1,400 £1,600
All ﬁgures are based on manufacturer’s recommended scheduled service intervals.
New Simple Service Contracts
Simple, cost effective, commonsense for business professionals
who use Sprinter Vans
Which of the following reasons are most appropriate for your needs? Yes No
1. Do you want to budget monthly for your repair and maintenance package?
2. Do you want to pay a cut price up front fee for your repair and maintenance package?
3. Do you want your vehicle maintenance costs ﬁxed at the lowest competitive price on the market today?
4. Do you want those labour rates and parts costs frozen for:
3 years into the future?
4 years into the future?
5 years into the future?
5. Do you want to be able to extend the life of the maintenance contract beyond the initial life or mileage expectations?
6. Do you want to be able to transfer the maintenance contract to a new owner and have the ability to recover the cost
of your investment?
7. Do you want less administration and paperwork to handle so that you can concentrate on running your business?
8. Would you like to receive preferential treatment when your vehicle is booked in for repair and maintenance?
9. Would you like to be able to drop off your vehicle at a workshop and just pick it up without having to pay for the work
or process any paperwork?
10. Would you like not to be bothered by your garage seeking approval whilst you are working on a job?
11. If you have the misfortune to breakdown, do you want 24 hour national roadside assistance and recovery to get you
on the road or a loan vehicle until your vehicle is repaired so that you can carry on with your business commitments?
12. Would you like emergency roadside assistance so that you can get to that job or contract with the minimum amount
13. Do you want national maintenance coverage for your vehicle so you can choose any Mercedes-Benz authorised repairer to
use wherever you are working?
14. Would you like the headache of your VOSA inspection schedules taken away and administered for you?
15. Do you want your vehicle maintained by factory trained technicians with the skills to identify and rectify potential problems before
you have that inconvenient breakdown and to reduce your downtime?
16. Do you want only parts which have the lowest failure rate ﬁtted to your vehicle to reduce the risk of your vehicle being off the
road and affecting your business?
17. Would you like the best price for your vehicle when you come to sell it?
18. Would you want the most tax efﬁcient payment vehicle for funding your maintenance costs?
19. Would you like all your vehicle maintenance problems taken away?
20. Would you want to keep your servicing and maintenance costs for your vehicle to less than 3 pence* per mile?
* Based on 5 year 120,000 mile Prepaid Service Package Plus Contract.
Repair & Maintenance
Service Package Plus
Mercedes-Benz Van Contract Coverage and Product Features
Available for all ﬂeet, retail and business users.
Monthly payment / Pay as you go
Up front payment
Extension to contract life available
Transferable to new owner when vehicle sold (not applicable to monthly paid contracts)
Administration handled by Mercedes-Benz on all work covered by the contract
Fast track preferential treatment
Work undertaken by any appointed Mercedes-Benz Commercial Dealer
Routine service labour costs
Routine service parts
Routine service lubricants
Front and rear brake pads
Clutch friction material
Repair or replacement of all mechanical components including engine, gearbox and rear axle
Repair or replacement of all electrical components including computer management system
MOT test fees
All ministry inspections where applicable by law at the date of signing the contract
Emergency road side assistance (Provided under MobilityGO for ﬁrst two years)
Recovery to nearest repairer (Provided under MobilityGO for ﬁrst two years)
Provision of replacement vehicle (Provided under MobilityGO for ﬁrst two years)
UK & continental cover
Standard product feature
Optional extra available only on Repair & Maintenance Contracts
All Service Package and Package Plus contracts terminate on the earliest of time or distance – whichever comes Please ensure that the product selected is most appropriate for your business requirements as contracts
ﬁrst. All Repair and Maintenance Contracts incur a mileage charge when mileage goes beyond the contractual cannot be switched although Repair and Maintenance contracts can be extended.
distance. Full details of Repair and Maintenance contracts included in R&M contract documentation.
Tel: 0870 126 1386 Fax: 0870 126 1380 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Declaration Dated
The various contract maintenance products have been fully explained to me and I have chosen to: (Please Tick)
Accept the following contract: Service Package Service Package Plus Repair & Maintenance Contract
Customer Signature Sales Agent Signature
Reorder CVASM 721/0707
Important things you need to know about the
Repair and Maintenance of your Sprinter Van
We take care... for you
Making your life easier to allow you to concentrate
on running your business
All Package Plus contracts terminate on the earliest of time or distance – whichever comes ﬁrst. All Repair
and Maintenance Contracts incur a mileage charge when mileage goes beyond the contractual distance.
Please ensure that the product selected is most appropriate for your business requirements as contracts
cannot be switched although service and maintenance contracts can be extended.