Enclosed you will find information regarding Sandy
and her Team of professionals, the 89-Step
System Sandy has created to get your home sold
fast and for top dollar, a list of questions you
should ask ANY Realtor before you sign
ANYTHING, details of Sandy’s guarantee, a list of
Real Estate Myths, and much more!
Please review this package before your
appointment with Sandy.
Thank you for taking the time to review this package. I have sent you these
materials in advance of our meeting so that you will know a little more about me,
my team, our services, and how they will benefit you.
At this point, I don’t know all of your particular needs and objectives, nor do I
know your financial and family situation entirely. I do know that selling a home
can be an extremely emotionally trying time or a very exciting one. My job is to
provide you with enough solid information so you can make an honest and
informed decision based upon facts not hype.
As you look through this package, use the forms at the back to note any questions
that you have for me so that we will not forget to address them at our meeting.
I am preparing a complete presentation and market analysis for our meeting. I will
cover many important items that other agents may not even know, such as:
The proven 89 Step Home Selling System
A little-known pricing technique that gets a lot more showings
The 2 things that will kill a home sale before it gets started
And much more
Selling your home is a complicated task, so it is crucial to have every possible
advantage you can. Thank you again for your time, and I look forward to
meeting with you.
It is the mission of Sandy Miller and her Team to consistently provide the
highest quality, most innovative and exceptional real estate service available
anywhere in Jacksonville and surrounding areas.
Our client’s needs always come first. We will strive to always provide value far
in excess of our client’s expectations. Our constant goal is mutual respect and
long term relationships that are beneficial to all parties.
Our operation will be a great place to work and do business. We will be positive,
helpful and enthusiastic at all times – always focusing on solutions not
challenges. We will take care of business first and foremost but have fun and
enjoy ourselves in the process!
We will run a clean, organized, and efficient operation, and always adhere to the
highest standards of integrity and ethical business practices.
We will never rest on our accomplishments. We will constantly strive to create,
develop and implement new ideas, strategies and services that will benefit our
clients. We will continue to seek continuing education in all aspects of our
business to increase the level of service we offer our clients.
• Honesty & Integrity at all times and in all situations.
• Continually improve our services to exceed our client’s expectations.
• Create and nurture a fun, exciting, creative and productive work environment.
• Tirelessly pursue personal & Team growth while reaching well-formulated
• Work with only the most enjoyable and motivated clients and co-workers.
“Sandy Miller’s Amazing
89 Step System to Get Your Home Sold Fast
and For Top Dollar”
1. Research tax records to verify full and complete legal information is
available to prospective buyers and buyer’s agents on MLS printout.
2. Provide Home Audit to suggest constructive changes to your home to
make it more appealing and to show exceptionally well while helping yield
the greatest possible price to an interested buyer.
3. Provide you with home showing guidelines to help have the home prepared
for appointments. (i.e. lighting, soft music, etc.)
4. Obtain and verify accurate methods of contacting the Sellers.
5. Gather information to help assess the Seller's needs.
6. Assess the Seller's timing.
7. Assess Seller's motivation.
8. Assess the Seller's immediate concerns.
9. Ask Seller questions about the property and themselves to learn how to
better serve and provide helpful information if needed.
10. Discuss Seller’s purchase plans and determine whether Sandy’s team can
assist them in their next purchase or if we can research and find a qualified
agent to assist the Sellers in their new location.
11. Provide Seller with relocation information, if needed.
12. Determine how quickly the Seller needs to move.
13. Obtain information that will help Sandy and her team to prepare the listing,
advertising and marketing materials. Questions will include: What type of
improvements have you done to your house in the past five years? What
other features of your home make it attractive to buyers? (Type of
cabinets, flooring, decks, pool, fireplaces, etc.) What do you think the home
is worth? How much do you owe on the property?
14. Prepare seller by instructing them to gather home information: Encourage
Seller to have copy of deed available. Encourage Seller to have a current
tax bill available. Encourage Seller to have two sets of keys ready. One
set of keys will be inserted in the lockbox; the other set will be kept at
Sandy’s office in case there is ever a problem with the first set. Encourage
Seller to have a copy of their title policy and survey available if they have
15. Measure home/rooms for MLS printout.
16. Using the information gathered in the initial meeting and tour of the subject
property, Sandy will then do research to begin to determine the market
value of the property.
17. Research competitive properties that are currently on the market.
18. Research competitive properties that have been withdrawn.
19. Research competitive properties that are currently under contract.
20. Research expired properties (properties that did not sell during their time
on the market).
21. Research competitive properties that have sold in the past six months.
22. Call agents, if needed, to discuss activity on the comparable properties
they have listed in the area.
23. Research the previous sales activity (if any) on the Seller's home.
24. Enter the Seller's name and address in Sandy's computer system to keep
Seller informed of market changes, mortgage rate fluctuations, sales trends
or anything that may affect the value and marketability of their property.
25. Strategically price home to enable it to show up on more MLS
26. Prepare an equity analysis to show seller expenses, closing costs and net
27. Explain the use of the (SPDS) Seller Property Disclosure Statement that
you will complete, that will be presented to the buyer of your home. This will
help you avoid devastating setbacks and preserve your legal rights.
28. Take full color digital photographs of the inside and outside of your home for
marketing flyers, advertisements and the Internet.
29. Electronically submit your home listing information to the Northeast Florida
Multiple Listing Service for exposure to over 3,000 active real estate agents
in the Northeast Florida Multiple List Service Area.
30. Immediately submit digital photos of the interior and exterior of your home to
the MLS at the same time listing is input allowing buyers and agents to view
pictures when narrowing down homes they will actually tour.
31. Assist the seller with setting up vendors to make any necessary
repairs or improvements prior to placing the house on the market.
32. Set up home Warranty, if you choose, to protect your home during listing
period and for 12 months after the sale to reassure buyer of the quality of
33. Install hi-tech lockbox to allow buyers and their agents to view your home
conveniently but does not compromise your family’s security.
34. Write remarks within the MLS system specifying how you want the property to
35. Contact financial advisor/tax preparer in regards to selling home and tax
ramification or benefits.
36. Search the MLS System for Realtors most likely working with interested and
capable buyers matching your home, then send copies of your home listing
information for them to review.
37. Maximize showing potential through professional signage. Watson has
the most recognizable Logo and Trademark in Central and Northeast
Florida and Southern Georgia.
38. Install Watson sign in front yard when allowed by Homeowners Association.
39. Name rider with agent’s direct contact number to be placed on sign.
40. Install 800# sign rider with information about your home available 24-7
for buyers driving by and an option to connect directly to Sandy. Once the
buyer calls for information, their phone number is emailed to Sandy.
41. Target market to determine who the most likely buyer willing to pay the
highest price will be.
42. Discuss marketing ideas with fellow top Realtors.
43. Upload home feature list online through Proquest system so buyers may
have information faxed to them.
44. Track agents through the supraekey website for information on showings
at your property for feedback and also monitoring purposes.
45. Office number on sign for convenience of agents to call for a quick
showing. The office is open 363 days a year.
46. Company website provides additional information on the property that a
buyer may log in to and see while doing searches for homes.
47. Create a property brochure of features and lifestyle benefits of your home
for use by buyer agents showing your home. This will be prominently
displayed in your kitchen or dining room.
48. Providing fast prequalification service for buyers by having various
lenders available on a moments notice.
49. Use other marketing techniques; such as offering free reports to multiply
chances of buyers calling in, discussing, pre-qualifying for and touring
50. Help Seller prepare the Homeowner’s Information Sheet which includes
information on utilities and services the buyer will need to know when
transferring after closing.
51. Prepare a financing sheet with several financing plans to educate buyers
on methods to purchase your home.
52. Create a custom “Home Marketing Book” to be placed in your home for
buyers & buyer’s agents to reference home features, area map, plat/lot
map, floor plan (if available), tax information, and other possible buyer
53. Advertise home to my VIP Buyers as well as all qualified buyers in my
54. Create an online Internet property feature page at
55. Submit a crisp, clean digital montage of photos complete with
personally written remarks detailing your home - available to
hundreds of millions of people via my website at
www.FindaHomeinJacksonville.com and linked to several other
56. Property gets advertised on many online classifieds sites including:
www.Realtor.com, www.WatsonRealtyCorp.com, Yahoo! Classifieds,
www.Google.com, www.Lycos.com, www.RELOHomeSearch.com,
www.LuxuryPortfolio.com, www.RealEstate.com, www.FrontDoor.com by
HGTV, www.LendingTree.com, www.Trulia.com, www.CLRsearch.com,
www.hotpads.com, www.vast.com, www.kijiji.com, www.citylisting.net and
57. Promote listing at weekly office sales meeting to inform agents working
58. Place advertising in local newspapers, if necessary.
59. Deliver/email copies of advertisements and marketing material of your
home to you for your review.
60. Promote your home to top Realtors in the Jacksonville area.
61. Watson is advertised on the following TV stations: CBS, NBC, FOX &
62. Log in all home showings to keep record of marketing activity and
63. Follow up with all the agents who have shown your home via email
with a detailed form with specific questions and be available to
answer questions they may have.
64. Make forms available to entice other Realtors to fax back buyer
impressions on showings of your home.
65. Send a personalized email to past customers and center of
influence promoting the features and lifestyle benefits of your
home. Often they will have friends or family members who are
thinking of moving into the neighborhood or they are looking for a
second home or investment opportunity.
66. Prepare a market analysis update of any activity in your neighborhood
(i.e.: new homes on the market, homes that have sold etc)
to keep you informed about key market conditions within your area.
67. Prepare and send you a Marketing Update of your home which keeps you
informed of many times the 1-800# has been called about your home, hits
on the websites we are able to track and other important information
about your listing.
68. Pre-qualify all buyers whom our Team will bring to your home before
showings to avoid wasting your time with unqualified showings and
69. Discuss qualifications of prospective buyers to help determine buyer
motivation, ability to purchase and probability of closing on the sale.
70. Provide Open Houses at your request (note: statistics and experience
have proven that these are generally not very effective).
71. 100% Satisfaction guarantee. If there are any concerns or issues, notify
Sandy so that she may correct them immediately.
72. Handle paperwork if price adjustment needed.
73. Receive Offer (if coming from another agent) and review important
details of contract to determine best negotiating position.
74. Educate & explain all aspects of the legal sales contract, all counter
offers, lead based paint, verify and follow up with the attorneys, verify
pre-qualification, verify earnest money deposit.
75. Assist seller to negotiate highest price and best terms for you and your
76. Sandy is a Devoted full time REALTOR - not a part time real estate
77. Highly trained office staff to process & track entire closing process.
78. Coordinate scheduling of appraisal and supply comparable sales if
79. Coordinate scheduling termite inspection.
80. Coordinate scheduling of Home Inspection with other REALTOR and
handle contingencies, if any.
81. Coordinate and review with you any buyer requested inspections and
assist cooperating agent with any problems that may arise relative to
your home and the sale.
82. Coordinate financing, final inspections, closing and possession activities
on your behalf to help ensure a smooth closing.
83. Set up Final Walk through of your home for buyers and their agent.
84. Assist in scheduling the closing date for you and all parties.
85. Arrange possession and transfer of home (keys, warranties, garage door
openers, community pool keys, mail box keys, educate new owners of
garbage days/recycling, mail procedures etc.).
86. Send letter with picture of your new home on it - delivered to 20
friends/family giving out change of address.
87. Help you relocate locally, or out of area with highly experienced
Relocation agents across the globe - you are sure to have the highest
quality agent to help you on both sides of your move to make it worry
and stress free.
88. Place advertising in the “Homes and Land” magazine, if needed –
distributed free throughout Florida.
89. Place advertising in the “Property Pix” magazine, if needed – available
free regionally to over 4 counties.
Is there any question why The Sandy Miller Team sells homes!
Compare this to the local agency averages and you can see why
this “89 Step System” is so effective.
Watson Realty Corp. has been successfully marketing
properties since 1965.
Dominant Market Share – we are the #1 ranked in North
Florida and we are the #1 ranked independently owned real
estate company in the state of Florida.
Locally owned and operated and recognized nationally by
Real Trends Magazine as the 23rd ranked independent broker
in sales transactions.
Financial strength and stability – included in Jacksonville’s
50 larges companies’ roster year after year.
Nominated to the “Top 50” Fastest Growing Private
Companies in Jacksonville.
With 40+ residential sales offices and more than 1,500 sales
associates conveniently located from St. Marys, GA to North
Florida, Daytona, Beaches, Gainsville and Central Florida.
Seasoned, licensed sales associates who are professionally
trained in negotiation.
Full Service that ensures success to buyers and sellers,
including Watson Mortgage, Watson Title, Watson Property
Management and Watson Maintenance Division.
In-house advertising and marketing that develops targeted
direct mail, newspaper, magazine, radio, outdoor and
television advertising campaigns.
Exposure of all company and area listings to a worldwide
audience through WatsonRealtyCorp.com,
WatsonHomeShowcase.com, Jacksonville.com, and RELO
Home Search Relocation Network.
Members of The Realty Alliance, comprised of the nation’s
top independent real estate companies and member of the
Leading Real Estate Companies of the WorldTM.
Award winning Relocation Division.
Full service technology department committed to increasing
efficient information and productivity.
Watson Luxury Portfolio Marketing Program a catalog
presentation of luxury properties to high income households.
Online support 7 days a week at
S andy M iller, USN (Ret)
(904) 899-6454 Direct
SUGGESTED QUESTIONS FOR LISTING AGENTS
1. Do you work as a full-time Realtor?
2. How Many potential buyers and sellers do you talk with in a
week? A month? Of those you speak with, how many actually
contact you as opposed to cold calling?
3. In what ways will you encourage other Realtors to show and
sell my home?
4. What can you tell me about the real estate market in this
5. What price do you recommend for my home, and what is it
6. What kind of advertising do you do? May I see some
7. How often will my home be advertised, and where?
8. How do you attract buyers from outside the local area?
9. Will you prepare an informative feature sheet for my property?
May I see a sample?
10. Where and how will the feature sheets be distributed, and to
11. How many homes have you sold in the past 6 months?
SUGGESTED QUESTIONS FOR LISTING AGENTS
12. Do you have a system to follow-up with other agents and
brokers so that we get valuable feedback after every showing?
13. How often, and in what way will I be kept informed?
14. Are you associated with a national referral network that refers
their buyers to you and gives you the opportunity to refer me to
the top agent in the town or state I may be moving to?
15. Do you have a Team to help with the details, or are you a one
person wonder show & do it all yourself?
16. Do you have a way to market my home through the Internet or
17. Do you have a Specific Marketing Plan designed to sell my
property quickly and for top dollar? How does it go beyond
placing a sign in my yard, an ad in the paper, and notifying the
Multiple Listing Service?
18. May I see a copy of your last listing as it appears to other
Realtors on the MLS? (Called a “Realtors Full Report”)
19. What is your average sales price of home that you are most
20. Do you have references that I may call?
21. What happens if I am not happy with your service? Do you
have a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy? Can I cancel my
listing if I am not satisfied or am I locked in?
On the average…Buyers inspect
12 homes before making an offer.
That means 11 other homes are
competing against yours.
What that means to you is….
In today’s market, buyers are increasingly savvy.
Many sellers are “testing the market” resulting in a high
number of listings. This means the competition is stiff!
Working together, we can make sure your home gets
the attention it needs to stand out from the pack.
Your job is to make your home bright, shiny, and clean-
as close to a “model” home as possible. My job is to “tell the
world” and work to gain maximum market exposure.
There are 5 essential ingredients that comprise the
formula for a successful sale of your home.
Your home will sell at highest profit and in the
quickest amount of time when all the ingredients are
If only one ingredient is left out of the formula or is
out of the proportion to the others….
Your home will take longer to sell and will, quite
Possible COST YOU MONEY!
The pricing of your home must reflect its location. The better the location, the
higher the acceptable price. School districts, high or low traffic, and highway
accessibility, all need to be considered in determining the value of your home’s
location. We cannot control the location.
The pricing of your home must accurately reflect its condition. The general upkeep
and presentation of your home is critical to obtaining the highest value for your
home. Nature of the roof, plumbing, carpets, and paint all relate to condition.
Basic rule: If we can smell it…we can’t sell it!
Recession, inflation, interest rates, mortgage availability, competition, and the
public’s perception of the general economy all make up the market. It may be a
buyer’s market or a seller’s market. The pricing of your home must reflect the
current nature of the market because we cannot influence the market. We can,
however, take advantage of the market.
The more financing terms and options you accept, the more potential buyers there
will be for your property. The pricing of your home must reflect the terms available.
The easier the terms, the more valuable your property becomes. (And this is
where my team of professional Affiliates really shine-by offering a broad, full-
spectrum of mortgage products and options to both you and all potential buyers!)
PRICE is the #1
most important factor
in the sale of your home.
The consequences of making the wrong decision are painful. If you price
your home too low, you will literally give away thousands of dollars that
could have been in your pocket.
Price it too high, and your home will sit unsold for months, developing
the reputation of a problem property (everyone will think that there is
something wrong with it).
Failure to understand market conditions and properly price your home
can cost you thousands of dollars and cause your home not to sell…
fouling up all of your plans.
Setting the proper asking price for your home is the single biggest factor
that will determine the success or failure of your home sale.
I Won’t Let This Happen To You!
Utilizing the latest computer technology and my in depth knowledge of
the market, we will analyze current market conditions in combination
with your personal time requirements to identify the correct price range
for your home.
You can't afford any “guesswork” in this critical step!
· What you paid for your property does not effect its value.
· The amount of money you need to get out of the sale of
your property does not effect its value.
· What you think it should be worth has no effect on value.
· What another real estate agent says your property is
worth does not affect its value.
· An appraisal does not always indicate what your property
is worth on the open market.
The value of your property is determined by what a ready, willing
and able buyer will pay for it in the open market, which will be
based upon the value of other recent closed sales. BUYERS
DO NOT automatically list with the agent that gives you the
Consumer Reports, July 1990 stated…
“Expect the agent to suggest a price range, but don’t let that
frame you in. Be aware that some devious agents will, at first,
suggest a very handsome price. Then, after they have the listing
and the house hasn’t sold, they’ll come back with a pitch to
lower the price.”
BENEFITS OF PROPER PRICING
• FASTER SALE: The proper price gets a faster sale, which means you
save on mortgage payments, real estate taxes, insurance, and other carrying
• LESS INCONVENIENCE: As you may know, it takes a lot of time and
energy to prepare your home for showings, keep the property clean, make
arrangements for children and pets, and generally alter your lifestyle. Proper
pricing shortens market time.
• INCREASED SALESPERSON RESPONSE: When salespeople are
excited about a property and its price, they make special efforts to contact all
their potential buyers and show the property whenever possible.
• EXPOSURE TO MORE PROSPECTS: Pricing at market value will
open your home up to more people who can afford it.
• BETTER RESPONSE FROM ADVERTISING: Buyer inquiry calls
are more readily converted into showing appointments when the price is not a
• HIGHER OFFERS: When a property is priced right, buyers are much
less likely to make a low offer, for fear of losing out on a great value.
• MORE MONEY TO SELLERS: When a property is priced right, the
excitement of the market produces a higher sales price in less time. You NET
more due to the higher sales price and lower carrying costs.
DRAWBACKS OF OVERPRICING
• REDUCES ACTIVITY: Agents won’t show the property if they feel it is
priced too high.
• LOWER ADVERTISING RESPONSE: Buyer excitement will be with
other properties that offer better value.
• LOSS OF INTERESTED BUYERS: The property will seem inferior in
amenities to other properties in the same price range that are correctly
• ATTRACTS THE WRONG PROSPECTS: Serious buyers will feel that
they should be getting more for their money.
• HELPS THE COMPETITION: The high price makes the others look
like a good deal.
• ELIMINATES OFFERS: Since a fair priced offer will be lower than
asking price and may insult the seller, many buyers will just move on
to another property.
• CAUSES APPRAISAL PROBLEMS: Appraisers must base their
value on what comparable properties have sold for.
• LOWER NET PROCEEDS: Most of the time an overpriced property
will eventually end up selling for less than if it had been properly priced
to begin with, not to mention the extra carrying costs.
THE HOME HUNTER SYSTEM
The Sandy Miller Team has a unique system to attract buyers and
ensure that each buyer will be properly assisted in finding the home that
they are searching for. My team has a system that focuses specifically
on assisting the large inventory of buyers that our innovative marketing
Each buyer is interviewed to determine the features and specifications
that they are looking for in a home. That data is then entered into a
computer system that will list the homes that match the buyer’s criteria.
Buyers are given the features and benefits of those homes that meet
their criteria, and will be assisted through each step of the process.
We focus all our efforts on finding a buyer for your home, unlike
traditional agents who passively wait for a buyer to come along.
The system allows us to give exceptional service to a large inventory of
WE VERY WELL MAY ALREADY HAVE A
BUYER FOR YOUR HOME!
100+ MILLION PEOPLE
In keeping pace with innovation and advancements in computer
technology, we now will place your home on our Internet site.
We are constantly looking for ways to give our clients
advantages over competitors in the marketplace that go beyond
the traditional methods of marketing and promotion.
Full color pictures and a detailed description of your home,
where targeted areas of your home will be highlighted. These
amazing digital photo montages will be available to well over
100 million people worldwide - anyone with access to the
Internet on their computer!
And the best part…Sandy will take these digital photos
immediately and they will be submitted the same day
your home hits the MLS!!!
Where your home will be advertised on the internet:
North East Florida Multiple Listing Service, official site for realtors to list and
search for homes in Jacksonville
Official site of the National Association of Realtors. Includes every home
listed with a realtor which is why it is one of the most popular home search
sites of buyers.
My personal website with buyer and seller information
The website that has the virtual tour taken of the property with high resolution
photos and panoramic views of the rooms. A link to the virtual tour goes to
nefmls, realtor.com, FindaHomeinJacksonville.com, Watson website as well
as many classified sites.
•Online Classified Websites:
Yahoo! Real Estate AOL Real Estate Cyberhomes.com
Lycos.com RealEstate.com Homscape.com
Trulia.com Postlets.com Zillow.com
CLRsearch.com Hotpads.com Citylisting.net
Vast.com Kujiji.com Google.com
…and many other sites that gather info from these sites on my behalf
•www.WatsonRealtyCorp.com - Watson Realty's official website
•www.WatsonHomeShowcase.com - home search site by Watson
Site that includes the listings of leading real estate companies
•www.LeadingRE.com - a site that includes listings from the largest network of
leading independent residential real estate firms
•www.LendingTree.com - website that provides home searches and loans
•www.frontdoor.com - developed by HGTV to find houses for sale
All sites include information about the property, photos, contact information to set
up a showing appointment and virtual tour link where allowed.
REFERRALS / RELOCATION
Significant portions of our buyers come from outside the local
area. These are often job transfers, corporate relocations, and
Tri-State area buyers seeking a more rural lifestyle.
As a member of several relocation and referral networks, we get
the information on these buyers before anyone else.
This provides more potential buyers for your home, since we
always try to show our own listings first to these qualified
WRC is the leading referral company and has been recognized
over the past 10 years as such. We have one of the highest
conversion rates from leads to purchases.
Our company & its agents received the “Diamond” Award
for being the #1 Worldwide Relocation Company for 2004,
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 and we are on track for
another successful year!
CONTRACT & NEGOTIATION
When an offer is presented on your home, you will have three
basic choices in deciding how to respond.
1. Accept the offer.
2. Reject the offer.
3. Make a counter-offer.
Together we will thoroughly analyze the offer and discuss its
strengths and weaknesses. After studying the entire contract, I
will give you my recommendation, and then you will decide how
This is where a competent agent can be worth their weight in
gold, because having the right wording or contingency clause in
the contract can mean the difference between a smooth
transaction and a messy court battle.
Being intricately familiar with real estate contracts, I know how
to protect your best interests. My vast experience in contracts
and negotiation will benefit you!
COMMON REAL ESTATE MYTHS
The Sandy Miller Team sells a lot of real estate. Perhaps they are too busy to pay
attention to my listing.
Just as great restaurants are always busy and superior doctors have a heavy
patient load, The Sandy Miller Team’s success in marketing and selling homes has
resulted in a busy schedule. But like good restaurants and doctors, Sandy has
assembled a team of top-notch people to assist with all of the details. The result is
outstanding customer service and support. The long list of satisfied clients speaks
A “discount” broker can do just as well and save me money.
Successfully marketing a property in our competitive marketplace takes skill and
resources. All of the promotional costs such as photos, brochures, printing, signs,
advertisements, MLS fees, direct mail, etc. are paid for by Sandy. How will a
discount broker offer such a complete marketing campaign? Does the discount
broker have a team to personally tend to your specific needs? Do they have a
proven track record of success, or are they just using the lower commission to try
to win your business? Do they have the expertise to guide you through the
problems that often develop during the closing process?
Remember that you only actually pay a brokerage fee if and when your property
sells. Many sellers have found that their commission with a discount broker was
really zero, because their property never sold! It is interesting to note that a
discount broker does not have a dominant market share in any major city in the
COMMON REAL ESTATE MYTHS CONT’D
I should select the agent that suggests the highest list price.
This is the oldest scam in real estate sales: Tell the seller what they want to hear,
compliment the home, and agree to list it at an unrealistically high price just to get
the listing. Then, after you have the listing for a few weeks, start telling the seller
that they need to reduce the price.
Sandy doesn’t play any games. Sandy provides a well researched computerized
market analysis to determine the true realistic price that your home will bear in
today’s marketplace. The decisions of which agent to list with and what price to ask
are two completely separate decisions.
Never select an Agent based on the price they suggest, rather, select your
agent based on their CREDENTIALS and MARKETING PLAN, and then
decide on price together!
Property condition is not that important to buyers.
WRONG! A property in superior condition will sell faster and for a higher price than
a home in average condition. Buyers purchase properties that are most appealing
and a home in great condition with a reasonable asking price always tops the list.
Sellers that invest in necessary repairs and keep their home clean and fresh
always reap the rewards!
PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR SALE
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME:
• Cut the lawn - cut it every week during the marketing period.
• Edge the lawn - up the driveway and along the sidewalks (both front &- back)
for a finished appearance.
• Trim all shrubbery and remove low-lying tree limbs.
• Fertilize your lawn to make the grass look lush and green.
• Replaced downed shutters, gutters, & downspouts. Remove debris from
gutters & downspouts.
• Paint any trim that is blistering.
• Plant flowers in the front yard.
• Repaint or re-stain the front door to create a pleasant first impression.
• Replace torn screens from windows and front and back doors.
INSIDE YOUR HOME:
• Paint only the rooms that really look fingerprinted, worn or faded.
• Have the wall-to-wall carpeting and draperies cleaned.
• Fix any dripping faucets. Perhaps only a new washer is needed.
• Replace old caulking around the bathtubs. This can be done with one tube of
new caulking and a putty knife.
• Spray lubricant on all squeaking doors, windows, closets and cabinets.
• Place a solid deodorizer in each room and closet.
• Store out-of-season clothes so the closets don’t have a cluttered look.
• Remove items from the floors of walk-in closets so that prospects can have
• Stack all items in the garage and basement against the walls to show
• Vacuum the garage, basement floor and rafters.
• If there are too many appliances on the kitchen counter, put some away to
expose maximum counter space.
• Pre-pack items which may clutter your home. Extra toys in your child’s room
and knick-knacks may actually make your rooms appear smaller.
• Clean your home from top to bottom. A professional cleaning service can do
this for you.
• Wash Windows.
• Clean fans and ventilating hoods.
• Clean & polish floors.
• Remove stains from toilets, tubs and sinks.
SANDY’S EDUCATION AND AWARDS
Sandy Miller's Graduate Real Estate Education:
• Licensed Realtor since 2000
• Florida Real Estate Institute, Inc.
• Watson Success School
• Post Licensing School
• Watson Relocation Services Training
• Financing Options Training
• Landlord Tenant Law Training
• Real Estate Math Training
• Attracting More Buyers and Creating More Sellers Seminar
• Tax Law Changes Training
• Quarterly Marketing Seminars
• Completed Interior Redesign and Real Estate Staging School
• Certified Distressed Property Expert®
Sandy's Awards & Recognitions:
• Ranked in the top 50 amongst all Realtors in Jacksonville - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007,
2008 & 2009. (Jacksonville Business Journal Book of Lists)
• Retired with 20 years of service in August 2007 from the United States Navy.
• Received Realtor.com Online Marketing Award of Excellence - 2007, only 12 out of
1000 realtors selected in the Jacksonville region. Recognized for exceptional
marketing on the #1 website to search for homes.
• Received award for the second highest number of listings sold in 2009 (53), third
highest number of listings sold in 2008 (51) and second number of listings sold in
2007 (66) for the entire company. Sold 75 homes in 2006.
• Recipient of 5-Star Best in Client Satisfaction Award for 7 consecutive years.
• Receives referrals from previous customers and friends.
Watson Realty Company-wide:
• #5 of 606 agents in 2009 • #11 of 636 agents in 2008
• #7 of 680 agents in 2007 • #7 of 780 agents in 2006
• #8 in 2005 • #11 in 2004
Watson Realty Intracoastal Office:
• #1 of 41 agents in 2009 • #2 of 42 agents in 2008
• #1 of 60 agents in 2007 • #1 of 63 agents in 2006
• #1 in 2005 • #1 in 2004
Activities Actively Involved In:
• American Heartwalk Participant since 2002
• Volunteer at The Players Championship Golf Tournament since 2001
• Jaguars Champion Club Volunteer since 2009
TESTIMONIALS OF PAST CLIENTS
"100% Satisfied! The Sandy Miller team went out of the their way to take good
care of us! The transaction couldn’t have been smoother and we have already
recommended Sandy to one of our friends! I can’t think of anything that wasn’t
handled professionally and to my satisfaction! It was a great experience all
around! Special thanks to Sandy Miller and the rest of her team for enabling my
elderly parents to be "whole" again by owning their own home! I can’t say
enough thanks to all that was involved in making this possible! I will be forever
grateful to Sandy Miller for making this such a smooth transaction. Thanks
again!" -Mark Q.
"Thank you for all your help selling my house. You did a great job and without
you I would still be sitting on the place. You are the best!" -Nancy R.
"Sandy’s experience really paid off in a bad market!!" -John C.
"Sandy is the best realtor we have ever dealt with. Her dedication and follow up
far exceeded our expectations. Sandy would be out choice of realtor if/when
we purchase or sell again. She gets things done and doesn’t let anything slip
the cracks ever after the sale closed!" -Scott and Becky W.
"Sandy is extremely helpful and very proactive. She drove the entire process."
"We were very impressed with the entire process from beginning to end! We
would recommend Sandy, she is great and gets the job done! The service was
perfect!" -Phil M.
"Sandy provided outstanding service and helped us find our “perfect” home
and get our other one sold!!" -Tim and Jeannie B.
"Sandy and her assistant were very courteous and professional whenever I
called regarding questions on the sale of my property. Sandy was honest,
direct and helped with the quick sale of my home right as the market went soft.
She was very polite and courteous dealing with me!" -Vickie G.
TESTIMONIALS OF PAST CLIENTS CONT’D
"Sandy was fantastic to work with, very prompt, efficient and personable. She
also was extremely detailed in her service throughout the entire process.
Considering my profession is to critique hotel sales managers, I normally have
some point to make on improving service, however in this instance I do not!
Sandy thoroughly qualified our needs, proactively presented her services in
detail and then once we selected Sandy to handle the sale of our home, she
followed through quickly to handle all aspects of the process. I would highly
recommend Sandy Miller to your potential customers!" -Karen G.
"I felt like Sandy had that other view, to see the deal that I was missing. I like
Sandy, no bull and straight forward." -Ken and Yolanda S.
"I previously had bad experiences with other realtors but seeing what Sandy
Miller was doing around town (so many houses sold so fast) instilled
confidence in me. Sandy is the best (the very best), so dedicated, friendly and
efficient. My closing was handled perfectly! I would never be a homeowner if
not for Sandy Miller! Thanks again!" -Mary Jo S.
"Sandy Miller provided excellent service and went above and beyond the call of
duty. She even managed to find us an apartment for us while our new home
was being completed! She has high energy, devoted, works very hard the
seller. Gets the seller the best possible price and handles everything! The
service provided was perfect!" -David and Tina A.
"I felt Sandy was very straight forward and very responsive to my questions
and my needs. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!" -Elizabeth I.
"She kicked butt – slang term – for over-the-top service and great sense of
humor. We laughed so many times because of Sandy! She knows her stuff!
You should clone a 1000 Sandy Millers! She is a great representative of Bill
Watson’s customer service philosophy and we appreciated the fun dealing with
her." -James and Theresa J.
Selling your home is a complex process, and it’s only natural for you to have
some questions and concerns. Please don’t hesitate to ask any question that
you may have. When it comes to selling your home, there is no such thing as
a dumb question!
Please note any questions you have, so that we can address
them during our meeting:
When you purchased this house, you
did so for very specific reasons.
Reasons that might sell it as well!
someone was looking at your home,
what specific things would you want
to point out to him or Her?
Thank you for your time!