K.P. ENGINEERING COLLEGE
Running AICTE approved Engineering & Technology Programme
Name of the Institution
K. P. Engineering College
NH-2, Agra-Firozabad Highway, Agra – 283 202
Name & Address of the Director General
Prof. (Dr.) Maheshwar Misra
Director General, K.P. Group of Institutions,
NH-2, Agra-Firozabad Road, Agra – 283 202
Mobile: 9415572417, 9756705101
Name & Address of the Director
Cmdr. (Dr.) P.S. Joshan
Director, K. P. Engineering College,
NH-2, Agra-Firozabad Highway, Agra – 283 202
Fax No. 0562-2395411
Name of the Affiliating University
U. P. Technical University
IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow
Telephone No. 0522-2732185
Members of the Governing Body and their brief Background
Sh. K. P. Agarwal Chairman KPGI, Agra
Sh. K. C. Goyal Vice-Chairman F-96, Kamla Nagar, Agra
Sh. Mukesh Agarwal Secretary KPGI, Agra
Prof. (Dr.) M.Misra Member Director General, KPGI, Agra
Prof. M. P. Tripathi Member Retd. Professor, Dept. of E.C., N.
S. I. T., Delhi
Sh. Manoj Pandey Member Director, Statcon Power Control
System, A-34, Sector-59,
Prof. (Dr.) A.K. Gupta Member Professor of Electrical Engg., AMU,
Prof. (Dr.) K. K. Misra Member Retd. Professor & HOD,
M.M.M. Engg. College,
Sh. Surjeet Kumar Chakraborty Member 509, Army Base Workshop
Prof. R.A.R. Vishwakarma Member HOD
Mechanical Engg., KPGI, Agra
Rep. of AICTE Names Awaited Govt. Polytechnic Campus, Vikas
Rep. of State Govt. Names Awaited --
Rep. of UPTU, Lucknow Names Awaited --
Commander (Dr.)P.S. Joshan Director/Principal KPEC, Agra
Members of the Academic Advisory Body
Prof. (Dr.) Maheshwar Misra Director General, K.P.G.I., Agra
Dr. A.K. Dwivedi Director, DOEACC, Sector 17 B, Chandigarh
Dr. D.N. Singh Ex.G.M., HCL, Mohali, Chandigarh
Prof. G.P. Srivastava Retd. Professor. Dept. of Physics & Electronics
Prof. M.P. Tiwari Director of Pharmacy, B.R.A. University, Agra
Prof. (Dr.) P.S. Joshan Director, KPEC, Agra
Prof. R.A.R. Vishwakarma H.O.D. Mechanical Dept., KPEC, Agra
Prof. A.K. Ogra Retd. Director, ITM, Gorakhpur
Sh. L. K. Goel (Member Secretary) Dean Administration, KPEC, Agra
Frequency of the Board Meetings and Academic Advisory Body Meeting
Board meeting is held in every semester and Academic Advisory Body meeting is also held in every semester
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE & CHART
Dean / HODs Registrar /Dean Admin. Finance Controller Placement Officer
Prof Asst. Prof. Lecturer Clerk Accountant Placement Asst.
Nature and Extent of involvement of faculty and students in academic affairs/ improvements: -
In addition to theory and practical classes for syllabus specified by the university faculty shall organize seminars,
projects, practical training and industrial visits. Students will be encouraged to participate in Seminars etc. being held at
the institute level and outside.
Feedback of the curriculum is collected from the faculty and the students to convey to the University.
The teachers adopt weak students for improvement. Student – student interaction program is encouraged.
Industry -Institute interaction for improvement in performance is being planned. Workshop to be organized for all
departments at national and international level
Mechanism/Norms & Procedure for democratic/good Governance
o Decentralization of authorities of Director to all his subordinates.
o Feedback from faculty to improve quality of teaching at six sigma level.
o Faculty – Parents interaction for further improvement
Student Feedback on Institutional Governance/faculty performance
Faculty requirement to be organized at small and micro scale industrial workshop to be organized at higher
Involvement of all faculty and employees of the institution as a team work
The students shall be invited to fill the feedback forms regarding the governance and faculty performance,
which will be analyzed, and corrective measures taken after collecting the feedback from students. meeting of
faculty members are called to remove the constraints in the process of reading
Grievance redressal mechanism for faculty, staff and students
A grievance of the students to be directly handled by Director himself and a Senior Professor is being planned.
Discipline committee formed in college to ensure smooth conduction of classes
Name of the Programmes approved by the AICTE
B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
B. Tech. Electronics & Communication
B. Tech. Information Technology
B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering
B.Tech. Electrical Engineering
Master of Business Administration
Name of the programmes accredited by the AICTE: Not Yet
For each programme the desired details are given below :-
Cut off state
Number of rank during Annual Fee (Subject to the final decision of State
S. B. Tech. of
Seats session 2009- Fee Committee)
Computer Sc. & Category CET Quota Manage-ment
1 60 4 Years Quota
Information Admission Fee 4000 4000
2 60 4 Years
Electronics & Tution Fee 75000 75000
3 60 4 Years
Exam/Enrl Fee 3550 3550
Process Hostel Fee 46000+5000 46000+5000
4 60 4 Years
Engineering Book Bank 5000 5000
Other Fee** 11500 11500
5. 60 4 Years
Engineering Total Fee 150050 150050
6 M.B.A 60 2 Years
(**)11,500/- = Rs.5, 000/- College Uniform Fee + Rs. 1,000/- Internet Charges + Rs. 500/- Mediclaim + Rs. 5000 (caution
College was started in 2008-09. Training & Placement Cell has been created.
Branch wise details faculty members (Permanent)
Date of salary as on
Qualifications with field of specialization with class / a) Teaching
Designation Joining the date with
Name of division of passing b) Industry
Name (s) of the (Lecturer/ Asst. Institution scale &
the Sr. Date of Birth c) Research
Teaching Faculty Professor/ Basic pay.
UG PG a b c
UG Level Department of Mechanical Engineering
B. Sc. Engg. (ME) M.Tech.
Cmdr. (Dr.) P.S. Joshan Director/ Professor Ph.D. 23.07.58 14 Yrs. 14 Yrs. -- 31.08.09 16400-22400
1. 1st Div. (ME) 1st Div.
Dr. R.A.R. M. E. (Mech.) Ph. D.
2. Director/Professor B. E (ME) 1st Div. 01.07.43 42 Yrs. -- -- 28.08.08 16400-22400
Vishwakarma 1st Div. (Mech.)
3. Mr. L.K. Goel Asst. Professor B. E. (ME) 1st Div. - - 22.09.48 -- 36 Yrs. -- 01.05.08 12000-18300
B. Tech. (ME) 1st
4. Mr. Ashish Mishra Lecturer - - 11.05.85 2 yrs. - - 28.07.08 8000-13500
B. Tech. (ME) 1st
5. Mr. Pradeep Kumar Lecturer - - 15.06.85 1 yr. - - 12.10.08 8000-13500
B. Tech. (ME) 1st
6. Mr. Vishal Pangoriya Lecturer - - 25.12.85 1 yr. 1 yr. -- 16.07.09 8000-13500
B. Tech. (ME) 1st
7. Mr. Gaurav Vashishth Lecturer - - 20.06.87 - - - 15.07.09 8000-13500
B.Tech. (ME), 1
8. Mr. Yash Daultani Lecturer -- -- 03.07.09 -- -- -- 03.07.2009 8000-13500
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
B. Tech. (H) (CS) 1st
1. Mr. Vinod Kumar Asst. Professor (Result -- 01.01.80 6 Yrs. -- -- 04.07.09 12000-18300
B. Tech. (CS) 1st M.Tech.
2. Mr. Dilip Kr. Singh Lecturer -- 10.07.83 3 Yrs. -- -- 07.07.08 8000-13500
B.Tech. (CS), 1st
3. Ms. Poonam Fauzdar Lecturer -- -- 31.01.87 01 Yr. -- -- 21.07.09 8000-13500
Mr. Jay Kant Pratap B.Tech. (CS), 1st
4. Lecturer -- -- 10.07.83 4 Yrs. -- -- 01.07.09 8000-13500
Department of Information Technology
1. Mr. Varun Kumar Yadav Sr. Lecturer B.E.(CS), 1st Div. -- 05.09.80 06 -- -- 07.07.08 10000-15200
st M.Tech. 1st
2. Mr. Aparajit Srivastava Lecturer B.E. (CS) 1 Div. -- 20.10.82 -- 1.5 Yrs. -- 08.07.09 8000-13500
3. Ms. Sarita Misra Lecturer B.E. (CS), 1 Div. M.Tech. -- 08.12.82 3 Yrs. -- -- 12.07.09 8000-13500
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
M. Sc. Under
B. Sc. (Phy., Math., 07
1. Mr. Ved Prakash Dubey Sr. Lect. (Electronics) submis 31.05.76 03 Yrs. 03 Yrs. 31.08.08 10000-15200
Electronics) 1st Div. Yrs.
1st Div. sion
2. Ms. Mridula Yadav Lecturer B.Tech., 1st Div. (VLSI), 1st -- 26.01.78 -- 2 Yrs. -- 15.07.09 8000-13500
3. Ms. Meha Agarwal Lecturer -- -- 19.04.86 01 Yr. -- -- 15.07.09 8000-13500
4. Ms. Ruchi Mittal Lecturer -- -- 21.07.87 -- -- -- 23.07.09 8000-13500
Department of Electrical Engineering
B.E. (Elect. Engg),
1. Dr. G. S. Srivastava Professor Control), 1st -- 01.01.42 37 yrs. -- -- 01.07.09 16400-22400
Mr. Ashutosh Kr. B. Tech. (Electrical
2. Lecturer - - 01.01.85 1 yr. - - 25.08.08 8000-13500
Yadav Engg.) 1st Div.
Mr. Awadhesh Kumar B. Tech. (Electrical
3. Lecturer -- -- 25.11.86 -- -- -- 03.07.09 8000-13500
Yadav Engg.) 1st Div.
Department of Applied Sciences & Humanities
st Div. &
1. Dr. Kishori Lal Yadav Professor B. Sc. (PCM) 1 Div. , 26.01.45 40 yrs. - - 03.08.09 16400-22400
B. Sc. (PCM) 2nd 1st Div. & M. Ph.D.
2. Dr. Mahesh Chandra Asst. Prof. -- 8 Yrs. -- -- 28.08.09 12000-18300
Div. Phil. (Math) (Math)
(Maths) 1 st
3. Mr. Sudhir Kr. Sharma Sr. Lect. B. Sc. (PCM) 1st Div. (Awaite 20.07.79 7 yrs. - - 01.07.08 10000-15200
& M. Phil.
4. Mr. Agraj Gupta Lecturer B.Sc. (PCM), 1st Div. Div. / M.Phil -- 01.07.84 3 Yrs. -- -- 01.07.08 8000-13500
5. Ms. Seema Agrawal Lecturer B. Sc. (PSM) 1st Div. (Submi 23.01.82 - - - 03.07.09 8000-13500
& M. Phil.
M. Sc. (Phy.
Dr. Partho Sarathi B. Sc. (Hon.) (PCM) &
6. Asst. Professor Electronics) 26.08.62 7 yrs. - - 07.07.09 12000-18300
Basak 1st Div. NET
B.Sc. (PCM), 1ST 6
7. Mr. Vikram Singh Lecturer (Physics), 1st -- (Physics) 4 Yrs. -- 14.07.08 8000-13500
M. Sc. Ph. D.
8. Dr. Poonam Dwivedi Lecturer B. Sc. (CZB) 1st Div. (Chem.) 1st (Chem. 15.09.68 9 yrs. - - 10.07.09 8000-13500
M. Sc. Ph. D.
9. Dr. Amita Agrawal Lecturer B, Sc. (CZB) 1st Div (Chem.) 1st (Chem. 11.11.76 8 yrs. - - 17.07.08 8000-13500
Dr. Sanjay 1st Div./M.A. Ph.D.
10. Sr. Lecturer B.Sc.(PCM), 1st Div. 28.02.61 07 Yrs. 15 Yrs. -- 23.07.09 10000-15200
Kulshreshtha (JMC), 1st (Eng.)
M.A. (Eng.), Ph.D.
11. Ms. Swati Saxena Lecturer B.A./B.Ed., 1st Div. 19.12.83 2 Yrs. 1 Yr. -- 21.07.09 8000-13500
1st Div. (Eng.)
12. Mr. Akhilesh Pundhir Asso. Lecturer B.Sc. (CBZ), 2nd Div. (Botany), 1st y) 16.11.82 4 Yrs. -- -- 01.06.08 8000-13500
B.Sc. (Maths),2nd MBA (Mkt. &
1. Mr. Harit Kumar Lecturer -- 01.01.85 1 Yr. 3 Months -- 15.07.09 8000-13500
Div. HR), 1st Div.
1st Div. /
M.Com, 1st Ph.D.
1. Dr. B. N. Gupta Professor/Head B.Com, 1st Div. 12.06.76 9 yrs. 1 Yr. -- 27.07.09 8000-13500
Div./ PGDBM (Com.)
Mkt.), 1st Div.
2. Lecturer B. Sc. (PCM) 1st Div. 1st Div., -- 02.12.81 1 Yr. -- -- 15.07.09 8000-13500
3. Lecturer B.H.Sc., 1st Div. MBA, 1st Div. -- 26.07.84 01 -- -- 10.08.09 8000-13500
4. Mr. Sanjay Vaish Lecturer B. Sc. 1st Div -- 02.07.77 6 Yrs. 1 Yr. -- 28.08.09 8000-13500
Div. & M. Sc.
Profile of Director
Name : Commander (Dr.) P.S. Joshan
Date of Birth : 23.07.1958
Educational Qualification : M.Tech., Ph.D.
Work Experience Teaching : 28 Years
Area of Specialization : Ph.D. [Hydrodynamics / Turbulance]
Subjects Teaching : Mechanical Engineering
Subjects Taught : B.Tech. & M.Tech. Level, Project Guided
Research Guidance :
No. of papers published in : 08
Project Carried out : 03
Research Guidance : Research Thesis of M. Tech. Students
Number of Books published with details :
Details of fee, as approved by State fee Committee, for the Institution.
Approval awaited (Till then as directed by high court)
Time schedule for payment of fee for the entire programme.
Fees is charged in august month every year and relaxed to semester wise on request.
No. of Fee waivers granted with amount and name of students.
Fee is waived off to SC/ST/OBC students as per UP Government norms.
Number of scholarship offered by the institute, duration and amount
Scholarships are offered to SC/ST/OBC/ Financially week general Students by UP State Government.
Cash prize amounting to topper and the branch topper is awarded.
Two Tution fee waiver Scholarship instituted under K. P. Gandhi Nidhi for the year 2009-10.
Opted Financially Weaker class admission as per prescribed quota and 30 students will get tuition fee waver.
Estimated cost of boarding and lodging in Hostels.
Annual Hostel Fee for 2008-09 Boy's Hostel Girls Hostel
Rent 24,000 24,000
Mess 22,000 22,000
Security (One Time Refundable) 5,000 5,000
Total 51,000 51,000
Number of seats sanctioned with the year of approval
300 seats in B.Tech. in 2009-10
60 seats in MBA in 2009-10
Mention the admission test being followed, name and address of the Test Agency and its URL (website).
State Entrance Examination - U.P. Technical University Lucknow.
Uttar Pradesh Technical University
IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow -226021
www.uptu.nic.in , www.uptu.ac.in
Number of seats allotted to different Test Qualified candidates separately
Admission through Counseling conducted by U.P. Technical University, Lucknow for 85% seats
Session 2008-09 Session 2009-10
Sr. Admission Through No. of Admitted Students Admission Through No. of Admitted Students
1. Counselling 103
2. Management Quota 36 Admission in Process
3. Vacant Seats 96
Calendar for admission against Management / Vacant Seats:
As per U.P. Technical University guidelines.
Admission Procedure against management seats for the year 2009-10:
The admission against management quota are started as per UPTU Norms.
Criteria and Weightages for Admission
As per U.P. Technical University Brochure available on www.uptu.nic.in
Downloadable application form with online submission possibilities
Provided with the Brochure and online.
List of Applicants
Admission in process
List of Students Admitted in the year 2009-10 through SEE-UPTU-2009
Admission in process
Results of Admission under Management Seats/Vacant Seats
Composition of selection team for admission under Management Quota with the brief profile of members.
o Cmdr. (Dr.) P. S. Joshan Director
o Er. L. K. Goel Dean Administration
o Sh. V. P. Dubey Sr. Lecturer
o Sh. Vikram Singh Lecturer
Director (At the time of Admission)
o Cmdr. (Dr.) P. S. Joshan
Score of the individual candidates admitted arranged in order of merit.
Admission in Process
List of the candidates who joined within the date, vacancy position in each category before operation of waiting
Admission in Process
Information on infrastructure and other resources available
Library books Titles Journals (National ) Journals (International)
8865 1827 74 14
E-Libraries : Available
Laboratory: Details of Laboratories & Workshop
Name of the Total Area of
S.No Name of the laboratory/workshop
Course lab/workshop Major equipment
1 B.Tech Physics Lab
List of Major
2 Chemistry Lab 215 SqM.
3 Mechanical Engg. Lab 215 SqM.
4 Electrical Engg. Lab 215 SqM.
5 Engg. Graphics Lab 200 SqM.
6 Workshop 900 SqM.
7 nd 716.63 SqM.
(Including CS/IT Lab.For 2 Year)
8 Electronics & Communication Labs. 4 X 215=860 SqM.
9 Mechanical Engineering Labs. 3 X 215=645 SqM.
Total 4181.63 SqM.
Computer Facilities for the existing programme(s)
Requirements as per Norms (1:4
all undergraduate UG Programmes
S.No Particulars Availability
and 1:2 for MBA/MCA/ PGDM/
1. No of Computer
2. Core-2 Duo 202 GHz, dual core 2.0 GHz
Hardware and IBM 3400 Xeon Server
3. No of terminals of
Relevant Legal MSDNAA, MS-Office-2007, Turbo++ AE,
4. Application - 04 System- 02 MCAFEE, Symantec Anti- Virus, Hi Class for
Language Lab. Oracle 9i (Purchase is in
17 16 Printers, 2 Printer-cum Photo Copier
6. Internet Accessibility
512kbps 24 * 4 512 kbps 24 * 4
(in kbps & hrs)
Games and Sports Facilities - Available
Extra Curriculum Activities - Available
Extempore debate will be organized from time to time
Soft Skill Development Facilities : Available
Number of Classrooms and size of each
10 Class Rooms of 69.8 Sqm. area each
Number of Tutorial rooms and size of each
5 Tutorial Room of 46 Sqm. area each
Number of Laboratories and size of each
1. Workshop – 900 Sqm.
2. Physics Lab– 215 Sqm.
3. Chemistry Lab – 215 Sqm.
4. Mechanical Lab. – 215 Sqm.
5. Electrical Lab / Electrical Machines & Automation Control Lab – 215 Sqm.
6. Computer lab – 716.63 Sqm.
7. Language Lab - 214 Sqm.
8. Electronics Lab / Measurement Lab – 214 SqM
9. Digital Electronics Lab / Logic Design Lab - 214 Sqm
10. PCB and Electronics Workshop- 214 Sqm
11. CCP Lab - 214 Sqm
12. Numerical Technique lab / DBMS Lab
13. Data Structure Lab / OOPS Lab
14. Material Science and Testing lab / Manufacturing Science lab – 214 SqM
15. Computer Aided, Engineering Graphics Lab – 175 SqM
16. Thermodynamics Lab – 214 SqM
17. Fluid Mechanics Lab – 214 SqM
18. Measurement and Metrology Lab
19. Microprocessor Lab / Computer Organization Lab
Number of drawing halls and size of each
1 – 175 Sqm.
Number of Computer Centres / Computer Lab with capacity of each
1 – 716.63 Sqm.
Central Examination Facility, Number of rooms and capacity of each
10 Halls, Size – 69.8 Sqm. each
U.P. Technical University Sessional Tests held as per University curriculum.
1. Teaching Learning process
Lectures / Tutorials
Feedback from students
Counsel (Student / Teacher)
End Semester Examination
Revision class arranged
Course coverage plan
Handout for each lecture
Personal attention by Teachers, HODs, Counsellors
Solutions of previous questions papers of U.P.T.U. exam & sessional Tests
Guest lectures are arranged
Teaching-Learning process is made efficient and effective taking following steps:
1. Teachers prepare lesson plan at the start of the session and prepare lecture notes before the scheduled class.
Extra classes are arranged to make up the lost classes.
2. Two mid-term tests and make up test are conducted at regular intervals. The pattern of question papers is kept
similar to end semester examinations.
3. Teachers show evaluated answer books to students and apprise about the mistake occurred and how to rectify
4. Tutorials / Assignments are given at regular intervals and are evaluated by the teachers.
5. Exposure of application software is made in laboratories by introducing software based experiments.
6. The analysis of end semester results are made and accordingly corrective actions are taken.
7. Teachers monitor attendance and counsel the students falling short of Prescribed attendance to make up.
8. Feedback from students is collected about the appraisal of teachers during the coverage of syllabus and also at the
end of semester. After analyzing feedbacks, the poor performing teachers are advised to improve their
9. Teachers identify weaker students and counsel them separately to cope up with the batch students.
10. Students are encouraged to deliver seminars, summer training and project viva –voce using overhead projector /
11. Library is kept open from, 9.00 AM -9.00 PM to facilitate students to help self- study.
12. Students are encouraged for co-curricular activities, like essay, quiz etc.
Curriculum and syllabi for each of the programmes as approved by the University.
Available on U.P. Technical University web site i.e. www.uptu.ac.in.
A hard copy of the syllabus is given to the individual student.
Academic Calendar of the U.P. TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
Academic calendar is also Available on University web site i.e. www.uptu.ac.in
Teaching Load of Faculty (Hours per week)
Professor : 6 -10
Assistant Professor : 12-14
Lecturer : 16-18
Internal Continuous Evaluation System in place
Regular evaluation by way of students’ assessment and Head/Principal report is being done for each faculty.
Students’ assessment of Faculty, System in place.
It is maintained by the college