Immigration Legal Services
Immigration Attorney for Medford, OR office *
Reports to: Immigration Legal Services Program Manager/ Attorney
The mission of Catholic Charities’ Immigration Legal Services (CCIS) is to provide high quality immigration legal
services to low-income immigrants and refugees, and to engage in public education, training and community
outreach. CCIS promotes justice for all newcomers and conditions that would result in their full participate in
American society. Founded in 1996, CCIS focuses on family reunification, and assistance to the most vulnerable
immigrants, including domestic violence victims, crime victims, refugees, and certain persons needing
deportation and removal defense.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in procuring immigration status for low-income immigrants in Southwestern
2. Represent clients before the Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and
Immigration Service’ and act as liaison between clients and the CIS in administrative
3. Effectively represent Catholic Charities and the Immigration Services Program at
community functions and at other events as requested. Give presentations on
immigration issues as requested.
4. Work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and help them obtain relief
under Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and other relevant provisions of the
Immigration & Nationality Act.
5. Conduct community outreach and education around the issue of immigration and
6. Recruit and train pro bono attorneys. Refer clients to pro bono attorneys.
7. Other duties, as assigned by the Program Manager.
Experience or strong interest in immigration law or criminal law, preferably as
an attorney or BIA accredited representative.
Excellent written and oral communications skills. Must be bilingual
Proficiency using immigration forms software, typing and data entry.
Cultural competency with low-income immigrant groups and a strong desire to work with
Ability to work independently, yet seek supervision appropriately; ability to work well
with others under pressure.
Ability to work with and assess the needs of different ethnic groups.
Experience with or sensitivity to working with victims of crimes or domestic violence.
Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage at or above levels
required by the agency.
Application is required. Obtain at 231 SE 12 th Avenue, Portland OR 97214, or at
Please send application, resume, cover letter and writing sample to:
231 SE 12 th Ave.
Portland, OR 97214
or fax to: (503) 231-4327
Please see website for job application:
Starting Salary: Mid-30’s. Position includes full benefits.
* Medford is a city of about 80,000 residents, located in the Rogue Valley in Southern
Oregon, about 25 miles north of the California border. Nearby is the town of Ashland,
home of the Oregon Shakespearean Festival and a place characterized by the N.Y. Times as
“the most cosmopolitan community between San Francisco and Portland.”