Media Contact: Pamela Garretson Atlantic Health
Pamela.email@example.com P.O. Box 1905
973-971-4932 Morristown, NJ 07962-1905
Congressman Mike Ferguson Announces $90,000 for Overlook’s Emergency Department
Speakers to include:
• Alan Lieber, chief operating officer for Overlook Hospital
• David Hartman, chairman of the Overlook Hospital Foundation
• Congressman Mike Ferguson, R-NJ, 7th District
Overlook Hospital’s Emergency Services:
• Nationally recognized for its Emergency Department, Overlook Hospital recently renovated and expanded its Emergency
• 24-hour Pediatrics Emergency Department opened in April 2004.
• Specialty areas for Geriatrics, Chest Pain and Radiology.
• Fast Track area under construction, which will allow patients with minor injuries to be treated even more quickly and efficiently.
• Expanded to 45 treatment bays from 19
• 20 full-time physicians
• 40,000 patient visits to Overlook Hospital's Emergency Department in 2004.
About Overlook Hospital:
Overlook Hospital, part of Atlantic Health System, www.atlantichealth.org, is a 548-bed facility. The Frank and Mimi
Walsh Maternity Center boasts 24 private mother/baby rooms and a new state-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit with the largest pediatric surgery group in New Jersey. The Atlantic Neuroscience Institute offers brain tumor
and epilepsy programs, as well as neurointerventional radiology and the northeast’s only CyberKnife technology for
the treatment of inoperable brain, spine and other tumors. Overlook is a two-time winner of the Silver Governor's
Award for Performance Excellence.
Overlook Hospital is a clinical affiliate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical
School, and is a research Partner with The Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Overlook Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO).