Job Title: Proposal / Grant Writer –Full Time
Location: Melbourne, FL
Position Start Date: Immediately
Announcement Close Date/Time/Time Zone: Until position filled (no consideration after this date and time)
Job announcement #: 15-10
Submit résumé & cover letter to Human Resources online at www.paxen.com
If you require an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application process or have problems
applying online, please call (800) 247-2936 for an appointment.
The Paxen Group, a leading innovator and service provider in the field of workforce development, is seeking to hire a
proposal/grant writer. Paxen is a for-profit corporation located in Melbourne, FL. This position is responsible for
developing compliant, responsive, and persuasive proposals to solicitations in response to RFP, RFQ and Request for
POSITION WILL ALSO:
1. Analyze solicitations and determine scope of needed proposal development process.
2. Compile, write, and edit grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command
of grammar and spelling.
3. Work closely with other departments (Business Development, Operations, Marketing, Finance, HR, etc.,) to
assure an integrated approach to proposal development.
4. Gather information that will easily allow him or her to grasp the concept of a project for which funding is sought
as defined by the BD, Operations and other departments.
5. Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and use that knowledge and
understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought.
6. Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and
1. Qualified applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of proposal development experience.
2. A Bachelor's degree or higher in English, Journalism, or a social services field, and preferably a background in the
field of workforce development.
1. Excellent reading comprehension, writing and communication skills.
2. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
1. Familiarity with issues and trends related to WIA, TANF and similar funding streams desired.
2. Experience with programs serving at-risk youth a plus.
3. Must be able to manage proposal development for several bid opportunities simultaneously and adapt well to late-
stage changes and requests.
***An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer***
Equal Opportunity will be afforded regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, age, an individual's disability, gender, or marital status. Only United States citizens
and aliens authorized to work in the United States will be eligible for hire. Minorities, women, and the disabled are encouraged to apply.