For the 2004/2005
TWIN CITY FIGURE SKATING ASSOCIATION
Selection by Minnesota Skating Scholarship Board of Directors
Send completed Application to:
Twin City Figure Skating Association
4529 Saddlewood Drive
Minnetonka MN 55345
January 8, 2005
The Twin City Figure Skating Association is offering Academic Scholarships to skaters who are
full time students enrolled in an accredited college or university while they continue their
skating. The Minnesota Skating Scholarship Board of Directors is conducting the selection
• Scholarships will be awarded without regard to age, race, skating discipline, rink or club
• Years of membership in a TCFSA club will be a consideration.
• Skating level will be a consideration.
• Financial need does not have to be demonstrated.
• The total amount of scholarships awarded may vary from year to year as may the number
of scholarships awarded.
• Scholarships may be used for lessons, ice time and equipment.
• Be enrolled full time in the second year of an accredited college or university degree
program or must have been enrolled in such a program the preceding academic year.
• Have been a resident of Minnesota area during the past six (6) months or one or both
parents must have been living in the Minnesota area during the last sic (6) months.
• Be a member of the US Figure Skating Association and an eligible skater as defined by
US Figure Skating rules.
• Be either a home club member of a figure skating club in Minnesota, or a past home club
member holding a current associate membership in a Minnesota club.
• Be actively continuing to participate in singles, pairs, synchronized and/or ice dance.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or equivalent and must be a full time student as defined by
the school in which the skater is enrolled.
Certification of Academic Eligibility
The following information is available from your school’s Registrar’s office and must be
attached to establish your academic eligibility:
• A complete official copy with the Registrar’s seal imprinted of your college or university
• Your course of study for the 2003/3004 and 2004/2005 academic years including the
number of units, semester hours or credits for each course (copy of information from
current school catalogue acceptable).
• A statement from the Registrar defining the number of courses or course hours required
in each quarter, semester or calendar year, for status as a full-time student in your major.
This statement should also indicate the degree for which you are enrolled or the degree
granted in the past academic year.
• A statement from the registrar attesting to the school’s accreditation association
membership and the present accreditation status of the school (copy of accreditation
information from current school catalogue acceptable).
Postmark Deadline: January 8, 2005
Address_________________________________________________Date of birth____________
Name of College________________________________________________________________
Home Club (or Minnesota associate)________________________________________________
Highest Test Passed: MITF________Free________Dance________Pairs________
Gender: Male Female
Did you compete in a regional, sectional or national event last year?
Competition Event Initial Round Place Final Round Place
Please list any other scholarships you have received:
I hereby certify that I am currently enrolled as a full-time college or university student or that I
graduated in the 2003/2004 academic year from_______________________________________
___________________(College or University). I agree to provide the documentation requested.
Skater’s Signature Date
CERTIFICATION OF CLUB OFFICER
I hereby approve the application of________________________________________for the
Twin City Figure Skating Association Academic Scholarship for Collegiate Skaters. I further
certify that (s)he is a member of my club in good standing and is eligible for this academic
Club Officer’s Signature__________________________________________________________
Print Club Officer’s Name________________________________________________________
Name of Club___________________________________________Position_________________