Andrew Coates 17212 N. Scottsdale Rd Apt. # 2069 ~ Scottsdale, Az 85255 Home: 480-292-7615 909-784-9109 firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile:
UNIVERSITY OF LA VERNE, La Verne, California, 2006 MBA, with Concentrations in Accounting and Finance
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA, Tucson, Arizona, 1997 B.S., Public Administration
Areas of expertise are:
Project Management Strategic Planning Financial Cost Analysis Reconciliation Banking Communication Skills Training Statement Analysis Inventory Accounting Statistical Analysis Modeling
Forecast and Budgeting Compliance (SOX) Auditing Mortgage Marketing Fin. NPV/IRR Analysis Spreadsheet
Financial Controls Operational Analysis Retail Banking Managerial Skills Ad Hoc Analysis Scenario Analysis Efficiency Skills
- CFA Institute Affiliate Member: Completed Level II of the CFA Program, 2008 - Currently enrolled to sit for the Level III examination – June 2009 - Developed spreadsheet model reducing monthly expense reports from five days to less than one day - Implemented a new physical inventory system and controls in distribution environment resulting in a 20% increase in sales and a 10% reduction in expenses. - Integrated a new compensation model for an executive sales force using mean-variance analysis and historical data models through the use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Windows XP,2003, NT, 2000, Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Access, SQL, PowerPoint, Outlook, Calendar, Project Management), Internet Explorer Lotus Notes, People Soft, MS-DOS, Hyperion, Adobe Acrobat, AS400, OEM Software, Filemaker, QuickBooks
COUNTRYWIDE BANK, Pasadena, California, Financial Analyst, Sr May 2006 – November 2008
* Worked as a senior financial analyst for Countrywide Bank – Full Spectrum Lending Division - Finance Dept. * Monthly forecast reporting and planning, financial statement analysis, and expense reporting on a monthly basis. Assist Accounting Department with compensation reporting through People Soft software and Microsoft excel tables.
* Duties include gathering and interpreting financial data, preparing financial spreadsheets, and presenting results to Senior Management. Main software applications include Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Access, SQL. Majority of work is completed by developing Access queries and tables as well as running macros. * Completed data is typically presented in Excel spreadsheets with the use of pivot tables, Vlookup functions, and grouping tools.
RESOURCE COMPUTER SOLUTIONS, Upland, California, Operations Manager 2003 – 2005
* Developed a tracking system for all resources; and coordinated the responsibilities of five general technicians implementing utilization factors, project management software, and timecard databases. Main applications included Microsoft Project and Excel spreadsheets. * Implemented new technology solutions, e-mail communication systems, and project management software.
CED INC., Riverside, California, Profit Center Manager; and Management Trainee 1998 – 2003
* Managed operations for CED, a $2 Million profit center, which included forecasting, inventory control, purchasing, and credit collection; and improved productivity while reducing costs 15%. * Performed inventory control for a $1.2 Million inventory on hand; monitored turns and SKU’s; implemented FIFO accounting; and worked with vendors to submit all purchase requests and direct orders. * Oversaw account receivables and payables including invoicing and collections. * Implemented accounting practices using general ledgers, statement of operations, balance sheets, and profit/loss statements. * Provided auditing of a commercial profit center servicing a location with $1.5 Million in annual sales; and performed operational, observational, and reconciliation audits. * Exceeded sales goals and market share through the establishment of new customer accounts and increased sales with existing customers. * Performed daily transactions such as counter sales, telephone sales, and e-commerce. * Developed and introduced new marketing tools.
WELLS FARGO BANK, Tucson, Arizona, Customer Service and Business Develop. 1997 - 1998
* Worked for Wells Fargo retail bank in sales, account development, and customer service. * Identified client needs and requirements; and recommended the appropriate products, services, and solutions
SUMMARY ^BACK TO TOP Desired Salary/Wage: 75,000.00 USD Per Year Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Years of relevant work experience: 7+ to 10 Years Date of Availability: Immediately Work Status: US - I am authorized to work in this country for any employer. Target Job: Target Job Title: Financial Analyst Alternate Target Job Title: Operations Analyst Desired Job Type: Employee Desired Status: Full-Time Target Company: Industry: Banking Accounting and Auditing Services Financial Services Occupation: * * * * * Accounting/Finance/InsuranceActuarial Analysis Financial Analysis/Research/Reporting Investment Management General/Other: Accounting/Finance Securities Analysis/Research
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-AZ US-CA US-CO US-NV US-OR US-WA Relocate: Yes Willingness to travel: Up to 50% travel Education: 5/2004 - 5/2006 University of LaVerne US-CA-LaVerne Master's Degree 8/1993 - 5/1997 The University of Arizona Bachelor's Degree US-AZ-Tucson
Experience: 5/2006 - 11/2008 Countrywide Bank Pasadena, CA Industry: Financial Services Financial Analyst, Sr.