Business Proposal / Project Plan
Name of Company :
Project Title :
Project Start Date :
Project End Date :
Name of IT Consulting Firm :
Name of Project Manger :
Tel. No. :
SECTION A: COMPANY PROFILE & BUSINESS STRATEGY
I. COMPANY BACKGROUND
1. Provide an introduction to the company (years in business, organization
structure, staff strength, market / regional coverage, current clients / customers,
2. What is the main business activity of the company? Please describe the
services and products that it provides?
3. Provide an overview of the company’s financial health status (past profitability
trends, revenue growth trends)
II. FUTURE PLANS
1. What are the company’s vision/ business objectives? What are the plans of the
company over the next 5 years?
III. EXISTING IT SYSTEM(S) OR SOFTWARE CURRENTLY IN USE
1. Provide an overview of the current IT capability in the company
(IT dept size, annual IT revenue expenditure, current IT setup etc)
2. List down the existing IT system(s) or software that your company is using for
each business function
Business function(s) where IT system / Name of IT system / software in use
software is being used
Accounting & Finance
Human Resource Management
Inventory or Stock Control
(e.g. corporate/ e-Commerce website or portal)
Others (please specify):
3. What are the challenges faced?
IV. BUSINESS FUNCTIONS THAT WILL BE COMPUTERISED IN THIS PROJECT
1. List down the new business functions that will be computerized in this project.
SECTION B: DETAILS OF PROJECT
1. What does the project aim to achieve?
5462480d-bc00-4dcd-be14-cc2fd2212284.doc (w.e.f 13 August 2010) Page 2 of 4
1. How does the new system work? Describe its functions / modules.
(Where possible, use flowcharts)
2. What are the technology, hardware and software used?
3. Give descriptions of the business processes before and after implementation.
3. PROJECT ORGANISATION
1. Provide the project structure (for both internal and external manpower) and
the roles & responsibilities of all project members listed, according to the format
Name & Role in Responsibilities Qualifications Relevant
Designation Project (e.g. education level, Working
certifications, etc) Experiences
2. Provide the background, key business focus, staff strength, track records of IT
consulting firm undertaking the project.
3. Have you evaluated any other IT consulting firms and what are the reasons that
this is chosen over the others?
4. Provide the key personnel(s) who will oversee the system upon complete
1. Provide the project duration (start and end date) and a chart to show the
timeline for completing the project. Indicate team members’ involvement (in
terms of man-days/ months) in the relevant phases.
S/N Tasks Estimated Elapsed Estimated Project
no. of Time cost Members
man-days (week) incurred Involved
1. User requirements gathering
2. System development,
implementation & customization
3. Data conversion and verification
4. User acceptance testing
5. Post implementation review
** Note : Please provide breakdown of works, man days and costing for the
development and customization efforts for each individual module.
5462480d-bc00-4dcd-be14-cc2fd2212284.doc (w.e.f 13 August 2010) Page 3 of 4
Provide the project costs in the following format:
Item Description Cost (S$)
(e.g. specification of hardware, no.
of software licenses, etc)
Training (if applicable)
TOTAL PROJECT COSTS
6. PROJECTED BENEFITS
1. What is the extent of business capability improvement that will be brought about
by the project?
2. What is the impact of the project on the company’s operations, business and
future capability development?
3. Please indicated the projected impact on the company’s operations and
5462480d-bc00-4dcd-be14-cc2fd2212284.doc (w.e.f 13 August 2010) Page 4 of 4