CMD 10 Ferrite Test
V.S. Kashikhin, Meeting April 7, 2004
The design of ORBUMP magnet is based on new high flux density
Ni-Zn CMD10 ferrite material.
The saturation flux density is in the range 0.41 – 0.46 T. It helps to
generate 0.28 T field in the magnet air gap with quick field decay. The
equivalent frequency is up to 10 kHz.
What is needed:
1. AC measurements of symmetrical hysteresis loops.
2. AC measurements with DC bias field to generate single polarity
3. DC measurements of main and single polarity B-H curves.
4. Measuring the total power losses in ferrite material.
5. Calculate the hysteresis losses in ferrite.
6. Measure the temperature dependence of B-H curves in the
temperature range of 20-60 C.
7. Measure the ferrite volumetric resistivity.
8. Ferrite high voltage test.