Midwifery Care Associates: DOULA LIST 2007
1. Deborah Ansley CD, Crofton, MD 20901. (410)451-0919 or email@example.com
2. Heather Davis, Eldersburg, MD 21784 (410)526-3656 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Postpartum
3. Kerri Farber, Frederick, MD 2176 (301)371-4525 or email@example.com
4. Allison Harris, Massage Therapist and Birth Support Services, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 (240)631-8868
or Oasishealingarts@starpower.net Birth and Postpartum Doula
5. Terry Keppler CD, Greenbelt, MD 20770 (301)345-2670 Birth and Postpartum Doula
6. Laura Marks (301)467-8725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Royan S. Miller, Silver Spring, MD 20911 (202)837-9975 or (202)547-4122 Birth and Postpartum
8. Gwen Peters CD, Columbia, MD 21044 (410)531-5839 or (877)350-4010 or Gwencee@aol.com Birth
9. Kristin Scott, 4402 Colchester Dr., Kensington, MD 20895 (301)530-5173 CAPP Cert.
10. Sarah Sragg CD, Silver Spring, MD 20901 (301)681-6436 or SKJAS3@aol.com Birth Doula
11. Rachel Silber CPD CLE, Potomac, MD (301) 412-8847 or email@example.com or
www.beautiful-births.com Labor Doula, Postpartum Doula, Childbirth Educator, Lactation Educator,
Breastfeeding Support, Belly Casting, Newborn Care Classes, and VBAC Classes
12. Virlean Mack, Rockville, MD firstname.lastname@example.org Labor Doula and
1. Ruthcarol Touhey (202)546-2614 or RSTouhey@comcast.net
2. Therese Robinson (202) 271-8143 or email@example.com or www.bwnh.org Massage Therapy, Labor
Doula, Breastfeeding Support, and Infant Massage
1. Martha M. Bay, Fairfax, VA 22032 (703)764-3864 or BAY555@aol.com Birth and Postpartum Doula
2. Paula Brooks, Centerville, VA 22120 (703)631-6430 or firstname.lastname@example.org Birth and Postpartum Doula
3. Tiffany Collins (703)599-2837 email@example.com
4. Shiloh Field (703)477-3076
5. Barbara Haney Cocca www.ausetdoula.com
6. Sally Holdener, Manassas, VA 22110 (703)257-7298 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Gerri Levrini, Reston, VA 22091 (703)620-3323 Birth and Postpartum Doula
8. Linda Libah Cabb, Reston, VA 20190 (703)725-7352 (cell phone)
9. Maura McKnight, CD Reston, VA 22091 (703)391-8791 or (703)391-7110 or DoulaMo@aol.com
Birth and Postpartum Doula
10. Tamara Reiber, Burke, VA 22015 (703)323-6053 or email@example.com Birth and Postpartum Doula
11. Wendy Sewell CD, Reston, VA 22090 (703)435-9394 or firstname.lastname@example.org Birth Douala
12. Beth Youmans, AAHCC 3030 N. Quincy St., Arlington, VA 22207 (703)391-7110 or
DoulaMo@aol.com Birth and Postpartum Doula
13. Amy S. Bookwalter, CLD, Manassas, VA Home:(703) 257-5996 Cell: (703) 597 4742 Cell or
email@example.com or http://www.rosebuddoula.com Labor Doula
14. Maria Mercedes Olivieri, Burke, VA (703) 455-4828 or firstname.lastname@example.org Massage Therapy,
Labor Doula, Childbirth Educator, Spanish Translator, and Newborn Care Classes
15. Jazmin A Williams, CLD, Alexandria, VA Home: (703) 960-0732
Cell: (240) 210-3130 or email@example.com Massage Therapy, Labor Doula, Breastfeeding
Support, Belly Casting, and Birth Photography
Questions To Ask A Doula
For Any Doula:
What training have you had? (If a doula is certified, you might consider checking with the organization to
Do you have one or more backup doulas for times when you are not available? May we meet with the
What is your fee? What does it include? What are your refund policies?
When interviewing a birth doula:
Tell me/us about your philosophy about childbirth and supporting women and their partners through labor.
May we meet to discuss our birth plans and the role you will play in supporting me/us through childbirth?
May we call you with questions or concerns before and after the birth?
When do you try to join women in labor? Do you come to our home or meet us at the place of birth?
Do you meet with me/us after the birth to review the labor and answer questions?
When interviewing a postpartum doula:
Tell me about your experience as a postpartum doula.
What is you philosophy about parenting and supporting women and their families during postpartum?
May we meet to discuss our needs and the role you will play?
What different types of services do you offer?
When do your services begin postpartum?
What is your experience in breastfeeding support?
Have you had a criminal background check and a recent TB test? Do you have current CPR certification?
You may want to interview more than one doula to find the right one for you.