Instructions for filling out application
Please use your computer to auto-fill all BLUE HIGHLIGHTED SPACES.
This will be quicker and also help our club to read and process your
Attention Please: Corporations cannot join the gun club as a member.
A corporation May pay for a member’s membership, but under IRS tax
law a Corporation cannot be a social member of a social club. Please
do not sign your corporation up threw a credit card.
Again, you may use your corporate credit card to sign up an individual.
POPS GUN CLUB, INC
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
The undersigned being of legal age requests permission to shoot, hunt,
picnic and otherwise enjoy the property of 6101 US HWY 27 Southwest
Ranches, FL 33332 with limitations as described.
The undersigned agrees to obey all instructions given by Pops Gun
Club, directors; officers and agents. ________
The undersigned agrees that shooting activities involve natural risk
that may cause injury and, or death and holds harmless the land
owner; Pops Gun Club; officers; directors and agents in the case of
injury or death, or any harm._________
I understand that the situated property is located in a rural part of
Broward County and is in The Everglades that certain wildlife; reptiles
and insects inhabit that may be cause physical; emotional or bodily
injury. I understand that the terrain is not developed and I accept
responsibility of injury due to debris; ricochets, ejections; shrapnel and
other hazards. ___________
I agree that my children are my responsibility and I will teach them to
shoot and endeavor to school them with The NRA hunter safety
I accept total responsibility to hold Pops Gun Club; the property owner;
the directors; officers and agents harmless from any injury to my
I agree to utilize my own health insurance due to any injury._______
The undersigned requests membership in Pops Gun Club, Inc. and
states that the following are entitled to membership being immediate
I understand that I pick up my ID card at the range and the additional
donation of $20.00 per shooter is requested at the range depending on
I agree that Pops Gun Club membership cards are the property of Pops
Gun Club, Inc.
The initial donation to join Pops Gun Club is $50.00 per spouse and
minor children and self. Yearly renewal is not required, but 5 hours of
service work will be required per family annually. A monetary amount
may be set by the board of directors, not to exceed $50.00 per family in
the case that a family forgoes the service work. The service work must
be completed to retain membership.
The gun club address is 6101 US HWY 27 Southwest Ranches, FL 33332
We appreciate your membership!
1. NRA Safety Rules apply to all shooting activities at all times.
2. No pets allowed on property.
3. Children to be supervised by adult parent at all times.
4. No wondering premises.
5. Unless shooter verifies that he/she is a member of an NRA
Club, a safety class at Pops Range must be attended.
6. No electronics; glass; particle board or furniture is allowed for
7. All members are to display their ID cards at all times.
8. Members may bring 2 quests twice before quests need to become
9. No tracers, or incendiaries allowed. Tannerite is allowed.
10. All weapons must arrive on premises as unloaded, except your
carry gun may be loaded and kept in holster.
11. You may draw from holster with permission from Range Safety
12. Rapid fire is allowed.
13. Bump fire has to be cleared by the Range Safety Officer.
Violations of the above rules will result in Time Outs; suspension of
membership and, or permanent dismissal of club.
6101 US HWY 27 Southwest Ranches, FL 33332
Application and Procedural Process
1. Fill out online application form.
2. Make donation to join:
a. By credit card on the web-site,
b. Or by check threw regular mail,
c. Or by cash at the club.
3. Print the completed form:
a. Bring the form to Pops Gun Club at 6101 US HWY 27, Southwest
Ranches FL 33332 on any “member Shoot” day listed on our
Google Calendar on our web-site.
b. If you donated by credit card or you mail the form by US mail,
please notify the club by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to
expedite the processing of your membership. Then pick a
“member shoot” day from our calendar and come to the gun
4. All members will first check the web-site calendar for “member
shoot” days and hours. A member may also call 754-224-1381 to
verify that the club is indeed open.
5. Our club is usually closed on Tuesdays and no employee is present to
take calls, or answer questions. Any messages will be returned on
the following business day.
6. The number listed on our web-site, 209USHOOT2, is for non-member
information and is not a good way to obtain member information
because it may take a week to get a response from that number. Nor
is contact threw email immediate. All members may use
754-224-1381 for a prompt response.
7. The calendar on our web-site specifies what days and hours that
members are able to enjoy the club. If a member desires any other
times other than listed, a member may call, or email to request
additional time. For example, night, or early morning. If there is no
activity conflict our club will be more than happy to meet your needs.
9. When arriving to the club please introduce yourself to the RSO on duty
and ask for your membership ID cards.
10. Please be sure that your firearms are unloaded with no magazines
attached to the firearm when you arrive to the club.
11. When you arrive to the gun club the gate may be locked in order to
prevent unauthorized persons from trespassing. If the gate is locked
and you arrive on a “member shoot” day within “open” hours as
specified by our web-site calendar, please call 754-224-1381. You may
have to leave a short message such as, “I am a member. Open the
gate”. The RSO will promptly open the gate for your entry. We
apologize for this inconveinance.
12. Please remember that if you plan on shooting that you need to show
up at least one hour before the club closes for the evening.
13. Every member will be given a member packet which further explains
the functions, rules and member privileges of the gun club. You may
request this packet by email at: email@example.com
If you have any questions please feel free to call, or email us.
Thank You for joining Pops Gun Club!
Use of my gun club
1. First and most important, our web page is our only means of
communication with our members! To get the most out of your gun
club it is imperative to check the web site in regards to elections;
events; closings and seasonal calendar changes.
2. For summer weekend hours and days please go to the web site
calendar page and check the days and the hours and just show up. Do
not print the calendar out; it may change daily. In addition, our
management is not equipped to give the calendar information out over
the phone. Please check the web site before you use the phone
number. For potential shooters that do not have access to a PC; we
encourage you to use your library, or find a friend who will look the
web site up for you.
3. For summer weekdays make an appointment by calling 754-224-1381.
Note that in the summer we are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The other available shootings times are still on the calendar with an
am shoot and a pm shoot. We are closed from 1:30pm till 4:00pm.
4. Come to the range with your firearms in cases and unloaded with no
magazines in the firearms.
5. On arrival it is up to the member to assess the status of the fire line.
It will be either hot or cold. If the line is cold your firearms will stay in
your vehicle, or be placed on the wooden deck until instructed by the
RSO to do otherwise. If the line is hot remove your firearms from the
cases on a bench facing the muzzle downrange even when the firearm
is in the case. All firearms need to be pointed in a safe direction at all
6. The benches will fit only a couple of guns. All ammo cases; gun
cases; coolers and belongings other than 3 guns are to be placed
under the bench; on the gun racks, or on the floor. It is not permitted
to use empty benches for placing items. If you are sharing firearms let
the RSO know so he can accommodate your needs.
7. Our benches are designed to service more than 1 shooter. Do not
assume that it is one bench per shooter.
8. Target placement at our club is to be in a straight line to the 100yard
line in front of your shooting position. You may stager the targets so
that you are able to set up several targets in one “lane”. No member is
allowed to use more than one “lane” by setting targets up parallel in
front of the fire position.
9. WE NO LONGER ALLOW PISTOL GRIP RIFLES! You must have a stock
on your rifles.
10. On arrival if the gate is locked you call 754-224-1381 and say, “I'm at
the gate”. The only exception to this is when the club will have a
copper coded lock on the gate in which you will be given the code at
the time you make the appointment. In that case you just let yourself
in and relock the gate.
11. A .3 mill garbage bag will be issued to you and your shooting friends
when you arrive to the club. This is to place all your trash including
your destroyed targets. When your shooting session is over you will
take the trash to the dumpster and dispose of it.
12. For your convenience trash cans are by the dumpster to put
your .3mill bag in. These cans need to be put back by the dumpster
when you are done with them.
13. Brass cartridges become the property of the gun club when they hit
the ground. If you reload then bring a brass catcher and clear this with
the RSO before you shoot.
14. Members bring there own paper targets; 1x2 sticks and cardboard
backings. The club does not sell these items. The club has target
stands and steel for your use. Our steel is reactive and is to be used
for pistol shooting. In the case of damage to the stand and, or steel.
Members that destroy either will replace the item. The target stands
our $40.00 from www.targetbarn.com and the steel cost the club
$200.00 and up. www.actiontarget.com www.mgmtarget.com
15. Other targets such as food items; plastic bottles; clays and toys are
allowed with the following exceptions: No electronics; No glass: No
item that does not fit with ease in your .3mill trash bag, or item that
cannot be 100% picked up and disposed of. Bottle caps must be
removed from bottles. If you bring a target that the RSO will not clear,
you must take it home with you. You are prohibited from using the
dumpster to dispose of the item.
16. After shooting all targets must be broken down completely. The sticks
removed from the stands and the targets thrown in the 3mill trash
bags. Members are not allowed to save targets on stands for the next
guy and RSO approval is required if you are going to give your target
set-up to another shooter. The reason for this is because most of the
time when this occurs the targets end up left out on the range.
17. All benches need to be put back in their original position.
18. The floor area where you shot from needs to be swept and brass
casings are to be put in the white buckets. AT NO TIME SHOULD A
MEMBER PUT TRASH IN THE WHITE BUCKETS!
19. Some of our members are “key holders”. In order to be a key holding
member you need to keep our club rules and not need the supervision of
a NRA RSO on the fire line. Please let the management know if you
have interest in becoming a “Key Holding Member of Pops Gun Club”!
We are glad that you have decided to join our great group of shooters!