Internet Security Threats
Internet is not a safe place for the web users. Every unprotected online
computer can be affected with the viruses, malware, adware, hackers'
attacks and Trojans with only in 20 minutes. There are numerous security
risks on internet that can lead you to serious financial loss,
information theft and the attack on your computer.
There are specialized hackings tools and scripts that are designed to
attack an unprotected computer. Being a web user, it is very important
for you to learn about the common online threats. To deal with these
threats you need to implement security solution on your computer, which
includes antivirus, antispyware and firewall software or hardware device.
The common online security threats include the following.
Every a computer is attacked with the viruses or other threats, all the
connected computers also gets attacked. There are preventive measures,
tools and techniques that can be used to deal with these threats.
· Do not open any email attachment from any unknown and unauthenticated
· Never reply to the emails whose identity you don't know.
· Protect your computer by installing up-to-dated antivirus and
antispyware programs and regularly scan your computer with them.
· Implement a hardware or software firewall on your computer.
· Never send your user names, bank account information, passwords and
credit card details to someone via emails.
· Before doing online shopping through a website ensure the validity and
repute of that website.
· While doing online shopping make sure that your browser is displaying a
lock sign at the bottom right column of your browser.
· Never open any web link that you receive through the web messengers
· If you are administering a computer network then make sure that you are
using very strong passwords at the computer server.
· Monitor the online activities of your network users.
· Block the suspicious websites, web applications, P2P sites and other
files sharing websites.
· Never download software or games from the untrusted websites.
· In case of any online credit card fraud event, immediately contact your
credit card issuing company or bank and report the abuse.
These tips will certainly help you to have safe browsing, chatting and
secure online shopping experience.
B. Bashir manages this website Networking Tutorials and regularly writes
articles on various topics such as Computer Networking, Computer Network
Wireless Networking, Computer Hardware, Certifications, How Tos, Computer
Networking Tips and computer tips.