Lesson Reflection Template
Modified from a template found at: http://www.wcschools.com/mjhs/tlcf/
Subject: Period(s)* :
Grade † : No. of Students per period:
Length of Class: No. of Computers Used in Lesson:
Check all that apply.
In preparing and implementing this lesson, I used the following types of technology:
___ Word ___ Excel
___ Internet ___ e-mail
___ PowerPoint ___ United Streaming
___ video/audio ___ Encarta
___ Thinking Reader ___ Inspiration/Kidspiration
___ Kid Pix ___ FrontPage
___ Other ___________________________________________________________________________________
1. Describe how students have been impacted by using technology for this lesson?
a. Have the efforts to integrate technology impacted student achievement, had no impact, or
negatively impacted student achievement?
If you presented this lesson in the same format to multip le classes or periods, just complete ONE reflection.
If you presented this lesson to different grades, please complete a SEPA RATE reflection form for each grade, exp lain ing the
differences in the lesson. You may copy and paste sections that are similar.
2. To what extent do you feel this technology enhanced lesson increased the depth of student understanding
and learning engagement for this topic?
3. What did you expect to see in your class room that would indicate effective use of technology?
a. Did it happen?
b. If so, why? If not, why not?
4. Describe how this technology lesson has impacted your teaching of this topic.
a. Which features of this lesson and experience were positive for you? Why were they?
b. Which features of this lesson and experience were negative for you? Why were they?
5. Would you teach this lesson again? Why or why not?
6. What might you change or do differently if you or a fellow teacher were to use this lesson again? What
would you absolutely keep the same?
7. What factors (e.g. class size, access to technology, nature of the program, relevance/interest of the
question, etc.) most influenced the success or lack thereof for this lesson?
8. Did your professional development training prepare you to implement this technology lesson?
a. If so, how? If not, why not?
9. How could the professional development have better prepared you to integ rate technology into this
Engaged Learning Indicators:
Adapted from the NCREL Vision of Engaged Learning at
Did your students take responsibility for their learning ____ Yes
with technology? Did they meet, exceed, or not meet
your expectations? ____ No
Did your students develop, define and/or modify ____ Yes
problem-solving strategies using the technology basics
you gave them? ____ No
Did learning with technology energize students? Did ____ Yes
they remain motivated? Did they take pride in their
work? ____ No
Did your students work collaboratively to understand ____ Yes
the technology task to plan, implement, and evaluate
their assignment using technology? ____ No
Did the technology tasks your students accomplish bear ____ Yes
resemblance to real world problems in the home and/or
workplace? ____ No
Were the technology tasks challenging to the students? ____ Yes
Did they need to stretch their thinking skills to be
successful? ____ No
Were skills other than those using technology required ____ Yes
to accomplish this technology lesson?