Daniel Fast Recipes
Chips and Salsa
• 2 diced tomatoes • 1 glove minced garlic
• 1 diced onion • Salt to taste
• 1 Jalapeno finely diced (if you • Cilantro
want it milder, leave out the • Juice from a fresh lime
Combine all ingredients well. You can modify this to your specific tastes and include
other things like corn or diced bell peppers. Hint: It tastes much better after it sits for at
least an hour.
Use whole wheat or organic corn tortillas. They can be sliced in triangles and baked to
make them crunchy. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
• 1 package of Broccoli Slaw mix • ¼ tsp each of Thyme,
(most contain shredded broccoli, Rosemary, and Garlic Powder
carrots, and purple cabbage) • 4 Whole Grain Wheat wraps
• 1 Tbsp of olive oil
• 1 tsp of soy sauce
Place oil in warm skillet
Add shredded mixture and sauté
Add soy sauce to coat
Cook vegetables until they are the desired texture
Warm wraps if desired
Place vegetables in each wraps and enjoy.
Black Bean & Brown Rice Stuffed Peppers
• 1 Qt 100% Vegetable or Tomato • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice • 2 Tbsp lime juice
• 2 c cooked black beans • 1 clove garlic minced
• 1 c cooked brown rice • 2-3 Lg bell peppers cut in half
• 2 med green onions chopped lengthwise and deseeded
• ¼ c fresh cilantro chopped
Combine all ingredients except for juice and bell peppers in bowl and mix well.
Place peppers in a glass dish and stuff with mixture. Pour juice over peppers and plenty
of excess in the dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Potato and leek soup
• 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds • 2lbs leeks (trimmed, cleaned,
• 1 tsp ground pepper sliced)
• 2 cloves garlic • 2lbs potatoes (cleaned, cut into
• 2 Tbsp olive oil cubes)
• 4 pints vegetable stock
Heat olive oil on a medium heat in a large pan. Add garlic – heat for a few minutes until
golden. Add fennel seeds and pepper and stir in with the garlic.
Add leeks and potatoes and mix well with other ingredients. Cover and cook for 5
Stir quickly and cook for another 5 minutes then add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil,
then cover, turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes.
Vegetables and Rice Stir Fry
• 1 box of instant brown rice or • Olive Oil
bag brown rice • Soy Sauce
• Vegetables to stir fry (either • Peanuts
fresh or frozen)
Cook rice according to package directions
Heat skillet or wok on med/high heat and add ¼ c of olive oil
Add onion and garlic if you are using them after oil is heated and sauté until translucent
to season the oil.
Pour the cooked rice into skillet or wok and stir for 4 minutes. Add soy sauce to taste.
Pour rice back into the container it was cooked in and set aside.
Now add ¼ cup olive oil to hot skillet again. Then add vegetables and extra soy sauce
and seasonings that you prefer. (ie: sesame seeds, ginger, soy sauce)
Herb Roasted Potato Fries
• 1 lb small baking potatoes • ¼ tsp salt
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil • 1/8 tsp freshly ground black
• ½ tsp dried thyme pepper
• ½ tsp dried rosemary
Preheat oven to 425. Coat a heavy baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil.
Cut each potatoe in half and place the cut sides down then cut into 4 wedges. Place
the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in a mound.
In a cup, mix the oil, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pour over the potato
wedges and toss to mix will. Spread the potatoes out on the sheet and bake, stirring
2 or 3 times. Bake for 30-35 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
Black Bean Soup
• 1 tablespoon olive oil • 1 pinch black pepper
• 1 large onion, chopped • 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 stalk celery, chopped • 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
• 2 carrots, chopped • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped corn –or frozen
• 2 tablespoons chili powder • 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin tomatoes
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, celery, carrots and
garlic for 5 minutes. Season with chili powder, cumin, and black pepper; cook for
1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth, 2 cans of beans, and corn. Bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process remaining 2 cans beans and
tomatoes until smooth. Stir into boiling soup mixture, reduce heat to medium, and
simmer for 15 minutes.