Name: _____________________________________________ Date: ________________
Choosing Measures of Central Tendency
PART 1 ~ List the three measures of central tendency and when to use
each for specific sets of data.
1. _______________ _____________________________________
2. _______________ _____________________________________
3. _______________ _____________________________________
PART 2 ~ Select the appropriate measure of central tendency for each
1. Ages of all the students in the classroom ______________
2. Students ages at the after-school program ______________
3. Ages of everyone in class, including teacher ______________
PART 3 ~ Create your own examples for each of the measures of central
tendency. You can use such data as grades, heights, and/or weights.