This is an agreement that is entered into between a sperm donor and a recipient. The
purpose of this agreement is to facilitate the donation without exposing the donor to any
adverse financial consequences, parental responsibilities, or liability of any kind which
might otherwise deter the donor from donating his sperm. This agreement can be used
by individuals that want to donate or receive sperm for artificial insemination purposes.
SPERM DONOR AGREEMENT & WAIVER OF RIGHTS
This AGREEMENT is made this __________ day of __________, _____ by and between
_________________________ (hereinaftger “Donor”) and ______________________________
In consideration of mutual covenants and agreements, Donor, and Recipient, being of sufficient
age and sound mind to legally consent to this contractual arraignment, agree as follows:
1. Recipient acknowledges and agrees that is Recipient’s intent to become pregnant through the
procedure of artificial insemination using Donor’s sperm. The purpose of this Agreement is to
facilitate Donor to donate his sperm to Recipient without exposure to any adverse financial
consequences, parental responsibilities, or liability risks of any kind which might otherwise deter
him from doing so and to vest exclusive parental responsibility in Recipient. The donated sperm
is to be used by Recipient in the conception of a child.
2. Donor is a man of good character who is charitably giving his sperm in a public spirited act of
altruism. Recipient acknowledges and agrees not to penalize or subject Donor to adverse
financial consequences of his act of compassion and generosity
3. Recipient agrees to reimburse Donor for reasonable expenses (including overhead costs)
incurred in or pursuant to the donation and delivery of his sperm to Recipient. It is expressly
agreed by the parties that Donor shall not be paid for donating his sperm and Donor is donating
his sperm out of generosity without payment or payment in kind.
4. Donor’s real name, whether known to Recipient or not, will not under any circumstances be
entered onto the birth certificate as the father of any child resulting from conception with his
sperm in performance of this agreement.
5. Recipient accepts that conception, pregnancy, and childbirth all pose inherent risks for mother
and child and she volunteers for and accepts these and all consequences flowing from them.
Recipient fully understands and accepts such risks without limitation or exception.
6. Recipient acknowledges and agrees that she has relinquished any and all rights that she might
otherwise have to hold Donor legally, financially, or emotionally responsible for any child.
Further Recipient agrees not to pursue any maintenance claim(s) nor any liability claim(s)
against Donor. Nor will Recipient assist with, counsel, procure, enable, nor any of them
howsoever by any means facilitate any third party to pursue any such claim(s).
7. Recipient hereby jointly and severally with their partner shall indemnify and hold harmless, to
the fullest extent allowed by law, Donor in relation to all potential risks, claims, losses, and
liabilities howsoever arising whether foreseeable or otherwise without limitation or exception.
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2
8. Neither Recipient nor Donor will attempt to trace the identity of the other, nor engage in any
activity which could be construed as harassment, unlawful intrusion, or stalking.
9. Donor acknowledges and understands that Donor will have no paternal rights whatsoever with
any child born to Recipient from the artificial insemination of Donor’s sperm. Recipient shall
have sole parental responsibility and Donor hereby waives any parental rights the law might seek
to grant him in favour of Recipient.
10. Donor acknowledges and agrees that Donor will not demand, request, or compel any
guardianship, custody, or visitation rights with the resulting child.
11. Both parties covenant and agree that neither of them will identify Donor as a parent of any
resulting child, nor will either of them reveal the identity of Donor to any of their respective
parents or relatives
12. Donor acknowledges and agrees that Recipient shall have absolute authority and power to
appoint a guardian for the child, and Recipient and guardian may act with sole discretion as to all
legal, financial, medical, emotional needs of said child without any involvement with or demands
of authority from Donor.
13. Recipient covenants that Recipient shall use its best endeavours to perform all its obligations
under this agreement. In the event of breach of this agreement by Recipient, Recipient shall be
held liable for the same.
14. Any communications, information and materials exchanged between the parties prior to and
subsequently after execution of this Agreement whether in the public domain or not shall be
deemed confidential as between the parties. Any disclosure or reproduction of the same in whole
or in part to any third party without permission of the providing party shall be deemed to
constitute an actionable breach of the confidence of the providing party who shall be entitled to
damages in respect thereof. Should a party to the agreement wish to disclose anything covered
by this agreement to a third party then permission to do so should be sought from the providing
party who shall