• MRI – Less than meets the eye! • MRI misses significant problems! All of these discs, which are clearly irritated, bloody, and inflamed (swollen) were called normal on MRI!
• MRI cannot detect pain generating inflammatory pathology MRI MISSES significant pathology in >77% Patients
Below are examples of problems the MRI missed, and which caused severe pain.
MRI: Doubtful clinical significance MRI: Normal Disc Space.
• MRI shows problems that may not be causing pain • It is clearly established that a very high percentage of adults - with NO back pain – would have significant problems on an MRI!
• Put another way: If you have back pain, and an MRI shows a problem that may explain the pain, it is very possible that the problem on the MRI may NOT be causing your pain! • This is because that same problem could be there even if you did not have pain.
• For More Information log on to: www.northamericanspine.com