APHA Annual Meeting 2008
Presentations by BU MSW/MPH Students and Alumni
1. Gowler, Rebekah & Horowitz, Amanda (181330) Sexual identity and the
likelihood of having a health care provider among men who have sex. (Co-
presenters Merighi, Chassler, Inniss & Lundgren). Monday October 27, 2008 at
2. Gowler, Rebekah (178480) Promoting a sustainable Community Health Worker
workforce: the Massachusetts experience. (Co-presenters Hirsch & Holderby).
Tuesday, October 28, 2008.
3. Horowitz, Amanda; Ross, Abby& Hunegs, Lisa* (181641) MSW student and
alumni perspectives on suicide prevention training: results of a qualitative
inquiry. Monday October 27, 2008 at 2:30 pm.
4. Anzalota, Janine* (178269) Participant-driven health program development in
the Vietnamese nail technician community of Dorchester, MA. (Co-presenters
Skogstrom, Shoemaker, Chu & Roelofs). Sunday, October 26, 2008.
5. Anzalota, Janine* (179668) Building capacity for tobacco screening and referral
to treatment in Boston community health centers: A collaboration between state
and city health departments. (Co-presenter, Reid). Tuesday October 28, 2008.
6. Taylor, Catherine* (182419) Parental spanking and childhood aggression.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 10:30 am.
7. Taylor, Catherine* (179716) Pregnant again? A qualitative assessment of rapid
repeat pregnancy among African-American adolescents. Tuesday October 28,
8. Krull, Ivy* (178610) Interactive voice response system advancements: Culturally
sensitive call flows. Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 4:30 pm.
9. Bolton, Rendelle (185397) Symptom reduction among women enrolled in a
dyadic home-based therapeutic intervention for postpartum depression.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008.
10. Jantz, Katherine (181544) Support groups for adults with Asperger’s Syndrome:
More than just stigma-free zones? Wednesday October 29, 2008.
11. Ruth, Betty J*, Sasportas, Kari*& Beville, Kristin* (176044) Suicide
prevention/intervention in social work education: Training issues. (Co-presenter
Muroff). Monday, October 27, 2008 at 2:30 pm.