Girard Nissan offers up some Summer Car Care Tips!
It is summer time! Looking to take a weekend Shore trip? Or are you planning a long road trip
for vacation? Girard Nissan, a leading Nissan dealership in Groton, CT, near Rhode Island, and
Newport feels it is very important to prepare your car for those "Summer Fun Days" and would
like to offer you some essential summer car-care tips to make the most of your special times
while traveling away from home!
• Check your car tires – Properly inflated tires save you money at the gas pump. So check your
car tire pressure. You can either inflate or deflate the tires as required by comparing it to the
recommended level of pressure.
• Change oil – This is very important. See your driver’s manual and find out how often the oil
needs to be changed. Generally the oil is changed after 3,000 miles. At Girard Nissan you can
see what the manufacturer’s recommended grade of motor oil is suggested for used on your
• Get new wiper blades – Buy new wiper blades for your car and be prepared for any passing
• Park in the shade – Protect your car from scorching sun in summer. Park your car in share or a
garage. If you keep your vehicle in a cool temperature you don’t have to be concerned about the
heat evaporating the fuel from your tank.
• Replace air filters – Ensure that you change your air filters twice a year to keep your vehicle
running like new.
These are only a few tips from Girard Nissan's expert servicemen. For more tips and service,
visit Girard Nissan located near Rhode Island and Newport CT today or schedule a service
appointment right here online. Also find a wide variety of original Nissan parts, order them
online and take advantage of Girard Nissan's parts & service specials.