Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GROUNDS / BERRY CENTER
1. Current valid Texas Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record as determined by the Texas School Bus
2. Ability to speak, read and understand English.
3. Able to operate all lawn and grounds equipment safely and correctly.
4. Able to follow verbal orders and written schedules.
5. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff members, Athletic Department staff, coaches, school
administrators, maintenance personnel and the public.
SALARY: HS 60 $10.24 (minimum)
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 Days
1. Responsible for the lawn maintenance and upkeep, planting bed maintenance and upkeep. (Ex: mowing, edging,
blowing, tree & shrub trimming, leaf raking and mulching of planting and flower beds).
2. Apply lawn chemicals and herbicides.
3. Daily grounds check of property for trash or other debris left in parking lots overnight.
4. Weekly maintenance checks on all lawn equipment (Ex: gas, oil check, grease, check mowing blades, belts,
tires, cables, safety items and mechanisms).
5. Turn in Work Order requests for equipment repairs as needed.
6. Turn in request forms for Grounds supply items weekly.
7. Give written daily plan to Supervisor for approval.
8. Prep stadium field for any athletic and client events.
9. Work scheduled stadium events and athletic events as scheduled by Supervisor.
10. Keep supervisor advised of all property and field conditions.
11. Assist BSC and Custodian staff as necessary as deemed by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.
2. Must be able to work outside in all seasons.
3. Be available to work different schedules or shifts to accomplish tasks.
4. Maintain emotional control under stress.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
INTERESTED PERSONS MAY CONTACT: Scott LeDoux, Assistant Director
Maintenance Department, Human Resources
11430 “A” Perry Road
Houston, TX 77064
DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 17, 2010 or Until Filled