Tetracycline Rapid Test (Milk)
Cat No.: W81063-2
1. INTENDED USE Positive: Only one clear band in zone “C” indicates a
The Blazer Tetracycline Rapid Test is a competitive positive result. Positive shows that the concentration of
immunoassay for the semi-quantitative detects the Tetracycline is at or above 100 ppb in the samples
presence of Tetracycline residue in milk. Negative: The presence of both clear band in zone “C”
Cut-off: 100 ppb and zone “T”
Assay Time: 5 min Invalid: No colored band appears in C zone
Sample: Defatted milk
2. PRINCIPLE OF THE ASSAY. ▪ The results are negative when the test is applied
The Blazer Tetracycline Rapid Test is based on to detecting 100 ppm of Chloramphenicols,
competitive lateral flow immunochromatographic Aminoglycosides, Beta-Lactams, Macrolides,
assay. The Tetracycline conjugate in the test zone will Quinolones, and Sulfonamides,
capture the immuno-gold (colloid gold-Tetracycline ▪ The results are positive when the test is applied
antibody conjugate), when there is very little dissociative to detecting 500 ppb of Chlortetracycline,
Tetracycline in the samples. A visible red test band and 100 ppb of Oxytetracycline. .
indicates a negative result when the control line (C zone)
shows that the card is valid. The test band (T zone) will 7. STORAGE
be not visible if Tetracycline is present in concentration of
The kit can be stored at room temperature (4-30°C). The
100 ppb and above which explains a positive result.
test kit is stable through the expiration date (18 months)
3. KIT COMPONENT marked on the package label. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not
store the test kit in direct sunlight.
▪ 10×foil pouches each contain one
cassette, and a desiccant 8. PRECAUTIONS:
▪ 10×centrifugal tube (1.5mL) ▪ For best results, please strict
▪ 10×pipettes adherence to these instructions.
▪ Products Manual ▪ All reagents must be at room temperature
before running the assay
4. TEST PROCEDURE ▪ Do not open or remove test kit from
▪ Bring 2-3 mL of the under tested milk to their individually sealed pouches until
room temperature (20-30º) before use. immediately before their use
▪ Collect 1mL of milk sample into a centrifugal ▪ Do not reuse test kit.
tube. Do centrifugation at 7000 rpm for ▪ Do not use reagents beyond the stated
3-4 min to separate the fat component. expiration date marked on the package label.
▪ Take out the cassette from the foil ▪ The components in this kit have been quality
pouch and place it horizontally. control tested as standard batch unit. Do not
▪ Insert the pipette through the fat layer (5 mm mix components from different lot numbers.
below) to collect the defatted milk and drip
3 drops into the assay sample hole “S” 9. LIMITATION
▪ Interpret the result in 5 minutes. Result after The Blazer Tetracycline Rapid Test is a useful tool
10 minutes is considered as invalid. offering a rapid and accurate testing in field screening,
exceeding with its convenience. It provides a semi-
5. INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS: quantitative method to detect the Tetracycline above 100
ppb in milk. If you want a quantitative result, please adopt
other method such as ELISA/ HPLC in practice
Blazer Labs, LLC • Holmdel, NJ 07733
Phone: (717) 823-6452 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Web: www.blazerlabs.net