Study Guide-Chapter 4: China
If you complete ALL parts of the study guide, attach them to this paper and turn
them in the day of the test you will receive a full grade raise. This study guide is
your responsibility. If you lose it, you must find someone who will allow you to copy
theirs. You are to write definitions for the first three sections. For the main ideas,
you need to explain your answer in complete sentences. You will have to answer
both essay questions, but only one will be on the test.
1. warlord 13. novel
2. economy 14. barbarian
3. reform 15. Tang dynasty
4. monastery 16. Ming dynasty
5. medical 17. Silk Road
6. porcelain 18. Sui dynasty
7. calligraphy 19. Song dynasty
8. tribe 20. Yuan dynasty
9. steppe 21. Diamond Sutra
VIP (Very Important People) 9. Nanjing
1. Wendi 10. Portugal
2. Empress Wu 11. The Grand Canal
3. Li Bo 12. The Forbidden City
4. Du Fu
5. Genghis Khan Main Ideas
6. Kublai Khan -What were the major Chinese
7. Marco Polo trade exports?
8. Zhu Yuanzhang -Why did people become
9. Yong Le Buddhists?
10. Zheng He -What were the major influences
11. Confucius for Chinese art and poetry?
12. Koryo - Describe the Civil Service
13. Jesuits exams and why they were enforced.
Places Essay Questions
1. Korea 1. Why did agriculture improve
2. Japan under the Tang dynasty? What
3. Chang’an effect did that have on society?
4. Mongolia 2. What Chinese inventions allowed
5. Gobi the printing of books? Describe
6. Karakorum why printing was so important.