Taylor Anderson604 Harmony LanePleasantville, CA 94588(925) 555-1234
Senior executive growing a company from start-up over the past 5 years in the
business-to-business e-Commerce arena. Proven record of accomplishment piloting and
driving several businesses into new marketplaces. Strong business acumen with experience
creating sales and marketing plans, budgeting, forecasting and establishing goals, identifying
and securing alliance partnerships, identifying markets, managing the sales cycle, and
overseeing the development of hard copy and electronic marketing materials, as well as
maintaining hands-on responsibility for securing and managing sales accounts.
GEO CONSULTANTS, Houston, Texas 1995 - Present
Vice President of Sales and Marketing / Chief Operating Officer / Board of Directors Member
Pilot a new venture and manage both sales and operations for this leading global web
technology software and services company focused on building client-specific, web-based
solutions and electronic marketplaces to centralize and efficiently manage, track, redeploy, and
dispose of equipment assets. Supervise sales representatives, contract personnel, and
administrative support personnel. Maintain hands-on responsibility for cold calling to initiate
and develop new business, and grow accounts. Target the energy industry primarily, and
implement marketing strategies to expand the business into other markets such as chemical,
pulp and paper products, recycled metals, and construction industries. Call on chief operating
officers, chief financial officers, chief information officers, and operations managers. Contracts
range from $200,000 to $600,000.
• Grew the business from ground zero into a company that earned high accolades for providing
the largest web-based application for the energy industry that provides an enterprise-wide,
asset management platform.
• Achieved 183% of plan in 1999 for annual sales.
• Secured accounts with Chevron and Texaco.
• Partnered with Sun Microsystems to deliver a program that will provide a procurement
platform for an industrial park of 55 refineries and chemical plants on Jurong Island in
• Created a partnership with Benton Supply to develop a total outsource solution for surplus
equipment asset management for Sunoco that is currently in its start-up phase (April 2000).
• Received special vendor recognition from Chevron for the successful implementation of their
project (met all implementation, time, and performance goals).
• Co-authored a complete business plan for the company and a prospectus for potential
• Selected to speak at the GEONETIX '99 Conference (October 1999), sponsored by PennWell
and Oil and Gas Journal, on Web-based Commerce in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Asked to speak at the March 2000 Energy Commerce Symposium on Asset Usage: A Critical
Supply Chain Opportunity.
TEXAS RECYCLING, INC, Houston, Texas 1990 - 1995
Spearheaded and grew a new company from ground zero through the management of sales and
marketing, manufacturing, and administrative activities to be one of the largest recyclers of
office products in the South, achieving $1 million in annual sales. Interacted with business
owners, general managers, purchasing agents, and warehouse managers, representing the
energy industry and law firms throughout the Houston Metropolitan area, as well as
international companies. Supervised managers with up to 25 employees.
• Negotiated the recycling contract for the State of Texas, and secured accounts with the
world's largest oil and gas companies and one of the country''s top law firms.
• Initiated and implemented an automated tracking system for the manufacturing process that
improved overall efficiency and reduced costs by more than 20%.
• Presented a speech on the recycling of office products at the Recycling Conference in 1994
sponsored by Kern County.
Wordsmith Communications, Houston, Texas 1987 - 1990
Spearheaded and managed a dealer network for this office systems company, with hands-on
responsibility for sales and marketing.
• Secured one of the highest producing accounts, a project for the largest nonprofit hospital in
• Achieved 123% of sales plan for this new division within just two years.
CANNON CORPORATION, Houston, Texas 1980 - 1987
Sales Planning Manager
Recruited, hired and trained sales representatives for the Houston operation, with responsibility
for local strategic planning and new product development.
• Managed prominent sales teams at several levels.
• Recognized as one of the youngest sales managers for the time.
• Awarded Top Sales Manager out of ten managers in the Houston area.
• Received two President's Club Awards by ranking in the top 10% of the company nationwide
for annual sales.
• Earned Par Club for seven consecutive years for exceeding plan.
• Hired originally as a sales representative for two years.
• Earned five promotions throughout tenure and received recognition for high performance in
LAMAR UNIVERSITY, Beaumont, Texas
Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Certified Trainer for SPIN Sales Training with Xerox
Attended several Xerox Sales Management Schools
HOUSTON CHAPTER OF THE COASTAL CONSERVATION
ASSOCIATION (1990 to 1997)
• Board of Directors (7 years)
• President (2 years) and Vice President (1 year)
• Chosen as Man of the Year in 1994 for contributions to the chapter
• Co-Chaired the 20th Anniversary Banquet
P RW RA
Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - firstname.lastname@example.org -