9027 Hill Place, San Francisco, CA 94112 / Tel# (415) 555-1168 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, Marketing and Sales
Senior sports marketing executive with 12 years experience in product positioning, brand
management, advertising, marketing, and sales program development and partner relationship
management. Demonstrated track record of success in surpassing market competitors,
aggressively increasing market share, and driving profit margins to new heights. Excel in
creating marketing campaigns that build cutting-edge brand imagery and consumer recognition.
Creative, focused, and persistent with an extensive bank of influential media and industry
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Market Analysis · Product Positioning · Cross-brand Advertising
· Relationship Management · International Retailing · Sales Forecasting
· Strategic Planning · Media Relations · Product Launches
· Endorsements · Trade Shows · Promotions
Replay Sports Equipment, Inc., Oakland, CA 2000 - Present
Vice President, Marketing and Sales
Defined strategies to grow regional sports equipment vendor into international sports equipment
retailer. Managed and enhanced profitability of 15 operating locations producing $30 million in
annual revenue. Positioned the company to expand through franchising internationally.
· Served as key liaison to analyze diverse markets and develop relevant promotional, public
relations, and e-market capabilities to strengthen international marketing campaigns.
· Coordinated distributor relationships to expand product presence into the United
Kingdom, Europe and Asia.
· Developed marketing collateral for trade shows to strengthen company’s visibility.
· Established partnerships with sports equipment manufacturers to redirect retail returns.
· Expanded product line, forecasted to generate $10M additional revenue per year.
· Identified and negotiated endorsement agreements with major sports figures.
GeoSports, Inc., Oakland, CA 1999 - 2000
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Managed department of 45 sales and marketing associates, and 15 finance and support personnel.
Developed strategic and tactical marketing plans. Set sales goals and analyzed opportunities to
grow market share and increase visibility. Established strategic partnerships with professional
and amateur sports organizations to co-brand equipment.
· Opened new markets by expanding traditional focus internationally and by broadening
target markets, resulting in 35% increase in revenue.
· Initiated direct-to-consumer sales operation using Web technology.
· Pioneered electronic marketplaces to centralize and efficiently manage, track, redeploy,
and dispose of equipment assets.
· Maintained hands-on responsibility for cold calling to initiate and develop new business
and grow accounts.
· Achieved 183% of plan in 1999 for annual sales.
Xtreme Sports Company, San Francisco, CA 1996 - 1999
Senior Sales Manager
Directed worldwide sales and marketing activities, including long-range planning, market
research, budgeting, pricing, and forecasting. Managed staff of five brand managers, three sales
managers, and 28 sales associates.
· Coordinated marketing strategies for five major product brands to ensure maximum
effectiveness of advertising and sales promotions.
· Realized an overall 45% increase in sales and a 13% reduction in costs due to improved
inter-brand marketing efforts.
· Fine-tuned procedures for resource planning and allocation to reduce inefficiencies.
· Increased technical support for field-based sales associates, delivering inventory, sales, and
promotional data to field locations instantaneously.
Xtreme Sports Company, San Francisco, CA 1994 - 1996
Senior Brand Manager
Drove multi-level marketing management by developing vision and strategies, initiating product
introductions, branding, designing collateral materials, coordinating event/trade shows, nurturing
press/analyst relations, and implementing marketing plans and activities.
· Directed cross-functional team to refresh product line, increasing sales by 128%.
· Conducted market research and customer satisfaction surveys to identify new product
trends and opportunities.
· Wrote long-range branding plan, identifying distinct strategies for co-branding products.
· Developed opportunities for private label product spin-offs linked to professional sports
teams and individual sports personalities.
Convention Support, Inc., San Francisco, CA 1988 - 1992
Director of Marketing
Marketed and sold event scheduling and communication technology to corporate accounts.
Introduced product features to meeting planners, convention service managers, and human
resource managers. Heightened awareness of products and services through national sales
promotions and advertising campaigns.
· Developed sales presentation portfolio to communicate unique product features.
· Recognized and grew niche hospitality market into $450,000 annual business.
· Directed graphic artist to customize presentations for each client.
· Generated first $150,000 in sales in three months.
Executive MBA, (Marketing and Finance), 1992
University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Arts (Business Administration), 1988
Mills College, Oakland, CA
· Chamber of Commerce Executives Presidents’ Award, 1999
· Top Marketing Manager, 1996
· President’s Club Awards for top 10% ranking, 1994, 1995
· Par Club Awards, 1989, 1991
· American Marketing Association, Member
· Marketing Research Association, Member, San Francisco Chapter
· National Association of Women Business Owner, San Francisco Chapter
· San Francisco Advertising Federation, Member
VOLUNTEER AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
· Volunteered four Saturdays annually to help local organizations learn how to market
products and services.
· Assisted with the sales and marketing efforts for local chapter of the American Red Cross.