604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
· Highly accomplished Vice President of Public Relations with expertise in marketing,
business development, strategic planning, crisis management, media training, media relations,
budget management, and client relationship management.
· Proven success in managing long-term public relations campaigns.
· Maximized revenue potential and increased market awareness for high profile
· Dynamic leadership of public relations and marketing teams.
· Spearheaded all aspects of national, international, trade, and consumer media relations.
· Comprehensive background in various areas including business to business, business &
industry, community relations, state agency, economic development, special event marketing,
healthcare, food & beverage, and apparel.
· Directed budget planning, budget management, and project management successfully.
Accredited in Public Relations (APR), Recognized by the Southern Public Relations Federation,
Public Relations Society of America, and International Association of Business Communicators.
Received Southern Public Relations Federation 2002 Best of Show Award.
Awarded Senior Practitioner of the Year for performance excellence.
Acknowledged with multiple Southern Public Relations Federation Certificates of Excellence
Darwin Group – Jackson, Mississippi 1994-Present
VICE PRESIDENT – PUBLIC RELATIONS GROUP ACCOUNT MANAGER
Directed daily operations in one of the largest agency-based public relations divisions in the
Southeast. Hired and supervised account executives and support staff. Managed relationships
among diverse clientele. Led all aspects of strategic planning, project execution, budget
management and evaluation. Collaborated with research, creative, and media executives in the
development and management of clients’ brands.
· Surpassed corporate and public relations objectives on a consistent basis.
· Managed public relations campaigns for regional and national accounts including USA
International Ballet Competition, State of Mississippi‘s Divisions of Economic Development and
Tourism, Russell Corporation, Baptist Health Systems, and Groen.
· Participated in business development initiatives, which resulted in expanded customer base
within saturated markets.
· Played a key role in multiple product launches, marketing campaigns, special events, and
Mississippi Blood Services – Jackson, Mississippi 1983-1994
PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
Acted as public relations counsel and primary spokesperson for the state’s largest volunteer
blood center. Managed all aspects of fund raising development and strategic planning for public
relations, communication, and advertising programs. Managed media relations on a daily basis.
Led crisis management programs as needed. Supervised the production of marketing collateral
and advertising campaigns. Participated in donor recruitments activities.
· Established the organization’s first fund raising program and special events, which
generated significant attention to organizational objectives.
· Developed and implemented successful statewide public relations campaigns and donor
· Facilitated strategies with other departments to support donor education and recruitment
· Established and cultivated relationships with high profile media outlets, which effectively
drove promotional efforts.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication / Public Relations
Florida State University
Kristen Coria - ResumesAP@aol.com - www.careerparadigms.com
esumesAP@aol.com - www.careerparadigms.com