Time - 3 Hrs. M. M. 100
1. Revision of grammar covered in class XI.
2. Verbs. - tenses future anterieur and the plus
queparfait in the indicative mood.
- Present and past conditional.
3. Adjectives : - Indefinite
4. Pronouns : - Indefinite
- relative : “dont” ?
5. Expression of duration.
6. Expression of consequence.
7. Expression of apposition.
8. Preposition and adverbs of place.
9. Time : situation and unfolding of an action.
II. Civilisation :
- Historical highlights of France
- Elements of French literature (covered by the textbook in the following
- Baudelair (XIX)
- Paul Eluard (XX)
- Eugene Guillevic (XX)
- Arthur Rimbaud (XIX)
- Victor Hugo (XIX)
- Jacques Genet (XX)
- Albert Camus (XX)
III. Communication :
- to meet
- to report a speech made earlier
- to express the possibility and probability.
- to give an explanation.
IV. Translation of a passage from French to English and of a passage from English
V. Vocabulary (covered by the text book)
VI. Textual Material -
1. Unit 3 and 4 of the Le Nouveau sans Frontiers Part II : by philippe
Dominique Jacky Girardet - Michele Verdelhan Michele Verdelhan.
Published by Cle International publishers (Paris).
2. Recommended Dictionaries :
Collins- Gem : Published by Robert :
Dictionnaries compact, Published by Larousse.
Note : The changes :
- Introduction to the tenses : future - anterieur, plus -que - parfait in the
- Introduction to the present and past conditional.
- Introduction to the study of the relative pronoun “dont”?
- Suppression of the study of the passe - anterieur and the simple past in
the indicative mood.
- Suppression of the study of the subjunctive plus -que - parfait.