Jamie Hill604 Harmony LanePleasantville, CA 94588(925) 555-1234
Multilingual project manager with international experience in marketing, market research, and
consulting. Extensive experience with start-up businesses, retail franchises, and OEMs.
Manage customer relationships in international environments. Assist companies entering
foreign markets. Flexible and willing to travel extensively and relocate nationally or
• Spearheaded and established new niche market retail chain with exclusive contracts between
head office in Japan and manufacturing companies in New York and Munich that generated
over $1 million in revenue within 1 year.
• Proven success in reducing costs; producing substantial profits, even in declining and
competitive markets; developing new procedures; problem solving; negotiating;
communicating; and motivating employees.
• Led start-up company to achieve online retail sales of $1.5 million within 3 years.
• Innovative problem solver and effective communicator with out-of-the box mentality who
develops quality management, marketing, and sales teams.
• Trained sales team of 20 employees on newly designed computer software usage and
• Supervised and trained new customer service staff in sales, cashiering, problem solving, and
• Oversaw retail sales and customer service procedures for processing sales in excess of $4
million annually for 2 stores producing substantial profits.
• Advanced business knowledge in Spanish and Japanese.
Reed and Associates, Nagoya, Japan 2000 - Present
President / Owner
International corporation established in Japan in 1997 with American management and
delivery / shipping branch. Startup with online retail sales of ice/roller hockey equipment with
annual sales of $1.5 million. Ranked #1 ice hockey Internet site in Japan from 1998 - 2000.
Oversee P&L and prepare monthly/annual financial reports in Japan and US. Prepared
financial analysis including cash flow, income statements, and balance sheets.
In charge of web-site development, marketing and advertising, sales, communications, and
Attend all overseas sporting goods and footwear trade shows in search of new products.
Recruit, train, and develop sales force in small call center.
Research and locate new business opportunities in ever-changing global economy.
• Established start-up business as foreigner in Japan. Obtained 99% of stock share in company
(very unusual for foreigners).
• Brought company from debt to profit within 11 months by analyzing and implementing
effective sales and accounting systems.
• Attained stable annual sales of $1.5 million within first 3 years.
SFB, Hiroshima, Japan 1998 - 2000
International Director/New Business Consultant
Company with with over 100 employees in 21 stores in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Hiroshima
with annual sales of over $100 million. Sells "extreme" sporting goods: surf-, skate-, snow-,
and windboards and are ranked in top 5% in industry.
•Worked as Senior Management Consultant for start-up manufacturer of niche-oriented
consumer products. Reported to President/CEO and supervised and trained 50 employees in
software usage, direct sales, and footwear specialists.
•Formulated strategies and negotiated with manufacturers on key issues relating to pricing,
delivery quantities, and business expansion.
•Oversaw retail sales and customer service procedures for processing sales of $1+ million
•Directed training and management of retail sales and distribution of computerized foot
pressure measurement system.
•Attended international manufacturing conventions to acquire new products and negotiate
exclusive distribution contracts.
Acted as translator and new business development advisor.
• Fundamental in acquisition of 9 new stores. Increased annual sales from $53 million to $100
million in 1 year.
• Opened 2 new stores with annual revenues of $4 million. Secured 2 exclusive distribution
contracts with German and American manufacturers.
• Increased footwear annual sales by 75% in 1 year.
Helix International, Nagoya, Japan 1997 - 1998
Architectural firm/construction company with 250 employees and $500 million in annual sales.
• Managed 10 import specialists. Taught cost reduction methods for packing, shipping, and
distribution of materials. Oversaw over $150 million worth of housing materials.
• Developed methods for reducing import duties by 45%. Reduced inventory losses from 9.5%
Member, American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ), 1997 -
Member, American Business Community in Nagoya (ABCN), 1996 -
Japanese Ministry of Education Fellowship (Monbusho) 1995 - 1997,
Equivalent to US Fulbright
University Graduate School of International Development, Nagoya, Japan 1997
M.A., International Cooperation
GPA: 3.95, Graduated in top 1% of class
Intensive Japanese, YWCA Language School, Nagoya, Japan 1995
Intensive Spanish, Instituto de Relaciones Culturales, Mexico City, 1989
MS PowerPoint, Publisher, FrontPage, Outlook, Excel, Word. Corel Office, Word-Perfect,
Photoshop, Illustrator, Intuit Kobanto (Japan), and Quicken.
P RW RA
Linda Wunner - firstname.lastname@example.org - Career & Resume Design - Duluth, MN 55811 -