Pat Hernandez604 Harmony LanePleasantville, CA 94588(925) 555-1234
Licensed physician's assistant with 15 years experience, including 10 years within one
practice. Specialize in internal medicine, family practice, and endocrinology. Extensive
knowledge of medical treatment within a managed care organization, including workmen's
compensation cases. Excellent clinician with strong people skills and bedside manner.
Certified and licensed in the State of Texas as a physician's assistant. Earned additional
degree in general studies.
Summary of Qualifications
· Diagnosed and treated medical illness and injuries.
· Elicited detailed patient histories.
· Examined patients for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders.
· Determined the nature and extent of injury or disorder, during both routine
and problem-directed physical examinations.
· Utilized appropriate diagnostic aids and ordered laboratory tests.
· Performed therapeutic procedures.
· Counseled patients and family members on health and the disease process.
SFB Staff, Houston, Texas
Physician's Assistant, 1999 - Present
Provide patient care as a physician's assistant on temporary assignments.
· Diagnosed and treated patients of a family practice while physician was out of the
· XYZ Family Center - worked with physicians and residents to treat outpatient
adult internal medicine patients.
Geo Medical Association, Houston, Texas
Physician's Assistant, 1987 - 1999
Provided patient care under the direct responsibility and supervision of a physician, while
participating on the interdisciplinary team (eight physicians and three physician assistants)
for this HMO clinic.
· Practiced internal medicine, family practice, and endocrinology.
· Served as the diabetic educator.
- Assisted in creating and implementing the first educational class on diabetes.
- Maintained sole responsibility for organizing and orchestrating weekly programs with up
to 25 participants
- Provided education on the disease process, complications, and treatment.
- Facilitated information and recommended dietary and activity programs to better manage
· American Association of Physician's Assistants
· Texas Association of Physician's Assistants
Education and Licensure
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science, 1987
University of Houston, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science, General Studies, 1983
· Licensed by the State of Texas and Certified by the NCCPA as a
P RW RA
Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - email@example.com -