Frances O 'Malley604 Harmony LanePleasantville, CA 94588(925) 555-1234
Legal Assistant with 10 years experience in the legal system, handling case
management and performing legal research tasks.
• Proven theoretical training and hands-on experience in legal studies.
• Experience in case management skills and assessment techniques.
• Active knowledge and practice of the tools and use of legal research.
• Persistent and dedicated, exhaust all resources to get the job done.
• Confident communicator and comfortable addressing the court
• Community focused and volunteer.
Guardian Ad Litem Program, Tallahassee, FL 2000 - Present
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 1998 - 2000
Legal Research Internship
Clerk of the County Office, Tallahassee, FL 1996 - 1998
Law Clerk Internship
Saratoga Plumbing Company, Tallahassee, FL 1994 - 1996
Antiques, Tallahassee, FL 1992 - 1994
Legal System - Research and Writing
• Contributed to production of numerous legal articles through legal and statistical research
using LEXIS/NEXIS and Westlaw.
• Performed legal research and wrote on various issues under direction of County Attorney.
- Handled casework, attended depositions and performed interviews with defendants/plaintiffs.
- Planned interrogatory questions, requested files, attended review of attorney's arguments.
• Handled legal work and filed liens and small claims, N.T.O.'s, collections, and AP/AR.
Court Procedures / Client Case Management
• As victim advocate for Guardian Ad Litem program, conducted interviews, assessments, and
evaluations in conjunction with other agencies and court system for child's best interests in
issues of abuse and neglect, sexual molestation, custody, divorce, paternity, or termination of
• Assessed effectiveness of current case plan, recommend necessary revisions and testify in
Leadership and Management
• Appointed to 5-member Student Advisory Board for Legal Studies Program at FSU.
- Acted as liaison between student and faculty - formulated plans to obtain funding for
- Evaluated and formulated suggestions for adding or deleting courses from curriculum.
• Co-managed the start-up and day-to-day operations of a small retail shop (My Darling).
- Handled purchasing and procurement of goods, worked with customers, procured licenses,
attended shows, negotiated with dealers, handled advertising, researched antique authenticity .
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
B.A., Legal Studies, Minor: Criminal Justice
GPA: 4.0, Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Dean's List, Alpha Alpha Theta Chi Legal Society
• Law and Society • Civil Practice & Procedure • Legal Research & Writing
• Evidence • Law of Contracts • Administrative Law
• Law & Legal System • Law of Torts • Criminal Procedure
• State & Local Government • Property & Real Estate Law • Justice
A.A. in General Studies, North Florida Community College, Jacksonville, FL; GPA: 4.0
• Microsoft Word, Windows 95, WordPerfect, and familiar with
P RW RA
Laura DeCarlo - A Competitive Edge Career Service - http://www.acompetitiveedge.com - email@example.com