604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
GENERAL MANAGEMENT / OPERATIONS
Restaurant • Food and Beverage • Hospitality
· Results-driven manager; readily visualize target and identify steps required to attain goal.
Capable leader; comfortable working independently. Understand overall industry position and
appropriate competitive strategies in market development. Promote, expedite and maximize
performance of short- and long-range objectives.
· Respected team leader with record of inspiring high morale and productivity. Skilled in
staff training, development and performance management to meet/exceed operational and
financial goals through performance/quality improvements.
· Profit-driven and service-oriented professional adept at controlling food and beverage costs
while maintaining highest levels of customer service. Coordinate all elements of product
development with limited supervision and support. Passionate about food quality.
· Possess expertise in strategic and daily operations planning. Skilled and creative with
marketing and advertising. Identify demographics of target clientele.
· Established reputation for motivational and hands-on management style that inspires
teamwork. Emphasize training of all personnel in food preparation, front/back house operations
and problem-solving for peak customer satisfaction. Recognize need for changes to menu and
facility to capitalize on current/upcoming trends.
· Knowledgeable in P&L management, training, strategic planning, budgeting, financial
reporting, and leadership qualifications. Led company to substantial revenue gains by
establishing sales goals, initiating cost containment processes, keeping an eye on details,
providing hands-on training and motivating personnel.
· Proficient computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher; POS; email
communication and Internet research.
Areas of Expertise:
· Restaurant Operations · General Operations · Merchandising/Sales
· Accounting/Cost Controls · Team Building · Advertising/Promotions
· Budgets · Vendor Relations · Product Management
· P&L Management · Customer · Program Management
· Recruitment and · Customer · Facilities Management
· Staff/Management · New Menu · Product Research
· Employee Scheduling and · Food and Beverage · Inventory Control/Asset
Supervision Development Management
National Restaurant Association, Member
Pennsylvania Restaurant Association, Member
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYM ENT
Quaker Steak & Lube/Best Wings USA – Sharon, Pennsylvania 1984 – Present
DIRECTOR, FOOD & BEVERAGE (2003 – Present)
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (2002 – 2003)
GENERAL MANAGER (1995 – 2002)
KITCHEN MANAGER (1986 – 1995)
ASSISTANT MANAGER (1984 – 1986)
· Coordinate openings for new restaurant locations regarding kitchen (equipment purchasing
and inventory management), menu (development of food line and food par levels), and sta ffing.
Collaborate with designer on layout of kitchen to facilitate efficient operations. Develop
smallwares list (approx. $25K per location). Oversee and lead back-of-the- house and assist in
front-of-the house training. Organize and run pre-opening VIP parties (from 450 to 1300 people),
as well as Friends & Family events.
· Research food trends in industry. Collaborate with menu consultants to develop new menu
items for high volume, full service restaurants. Consider products for quality and affordability to
stay within established pricing structure.
· Negotiate with suppliers for rebates, bill-back and price-off contracts based on buying
amounts. Work with in- house purchasing department on product quality, pricing and receiving
· Develop solutions to high costs in food, beverage and supplies specific to each location.
Troubleshoot excessive operations expenses. Investigate beverage programs for newest
technology, equipment and products.
· Develop training materials for menu installation (e.g., photography, charts, line-check
sheets, recipes, procedures, etc.) and train management and staff for new menu items to ensure
proper product specs for consistency within franchise system.
· Initiated staff incentives that excite and reward staff for sales, cost savings, efficiency and
customer satisfaction. Established Speed of Service Programs that significantly improved level
of customer satisfaction and boosted customer base.
· With focus on providing excellent guest service, directed daily operation in areas of
customer relations, food and labor costs, safety, sanitation, product preparation, and recruitment
and training of staff. Supervised staff of 120-150 serving 700 guests per day.
· Initiated change management strategies and enforced corporate policies and procedures,
resulting in more efficient operation, better-trained staff and improved customer service.
Consistently achieved sales and profit goals.
· Managed back-of-the-house operations (e.g., employee shifts, scheduling, labor costs, food
costs, portioning, and inventory). Provided direction to kitchen staff engaged in preparing
product to ensure best quality, optimum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
CERTIFICATION / TRAINING
National Restaurant Association, 17- year active participant in seminars
Commercial Operations Food Service Training, Tyson University
Interactive networking with business people in hospitality industry worldwide
Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) Training
Certified by Ohio Department of Health
Certified to Teach Serve Safe Food Safety Class II and III Food Service Operations
Professional Development Program, Cornell University
Managing People: Enhancing Effectiveness, 2002
Nutritious Cuisine, 1987
Jane Roqueplot - email@example.com - www.janecos.com