626 Nahma Ave. Cell (248) 302-3756
Clawson, MI 48017
A procurement management professional with extensive automotive and aerospace purchasing and engineering
design release experience. Background includes strategic vision and planning activities for braking control
systems. Led international procurement of axle parts which required knowledge of raw materials and numerous
automotive components and systems. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills. Highly effective
negotiator resulting in significant cost savings, enhanced supplier relationship, and successful conflict resolution
with diverse suppliers.
US MANUFACTURING CO. Detroit MI
An automotive manufacturer
Senior Buyer – International, Purchasing 2010 - Current
Responsible for developing a global supply chain footprint. Established new supply chain for company's
international growth and expansion. Provided leadership and direction regarding strategic sourcing.
• Completed special projects for CEO.
• Sourced, negotiated, and implemented direct purchase agreements with new suppliers.
• Managed purchasing items for MRO, IT & other services. Annual spend of $240 million.
VATTENFALL, Stockholm, SE
A power company in Europe
Procurement Services Advisor - Consortium, Purchasing 2009 - 2010
Responsible for purchasing regenerative braking components for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles. Lent PHEV
purchasing knowledge to consortium which included Volvo, Ener1, Vattenfall, and the Swedish government.
• Sourced parts 11% below allowable costs.
• Purchased prototype braking components for Volvo’s 2012 PHEV program.
• Quickly finalized purchase orders after completing competitive auction process.
GENERAL MOTORS CO, Detroit, MI
A global automotive manufacturer
Lead Buyer - Chassis, Purchasing 2007 - 2009
Responsible for driving the product strategy and lead negotiations with suppliers. Strategically evaluated
supplier prototype and assembly capabilities. Coordinated with suppliers on commodity delivery, shortages,
spares, and coverage issues. Commodities included raw materials, ABS sensor, axles, brakes, and other.
• Led 81 day union strike mitigation plans for alternative parts supplier.
• Created sourcing decision matrix for chassis components due to loss of key supplier.
• Sourced 850 million pounds of steel and forecasted market impacts to North American budget.
• Significantly exceeded total 2009 cost savings objective within 1st quarter
• Promoted to lead buyer based on significantly exceeding negotiating and budget objectives.
• Resolved several difficult supplier issues regarding pricing, non-conformance, and early and later deliveries.
GENERAL MOTORS CO, Detroit, MI
Senior Buyer - Electrical, Purchasing 2004 - 2007
Responsible for overseeing supply chain contract administration duties towards full PPAP status. Conflict
troubleshooter for organization to resolve vehicle launch issues on supplier contracts. Managed global launch
projects with suppliers. . Commodities included switches, pig tails, integrated center stacks, inverters, and other.
• Managed 75 suppliers through a successful global vehicle launch.
• Requested and analyzed several $35 million plus sourcing packages and RFQ’s.
• Successfully managed saving via reverse auctions; service provider was Ariba.
GENERAL MOTORS CO, Detroit, MI
Senior Project Design Release Engineer, Engineering 1998 - 2004
Responsible for launching several programs through final production assembly. Designed and released
structural sheet metal components including floor pan, body side inners, and engine side rails. Designed
math data using Unigraphics NX modeling techniques. Conducted DFMEA and validation plans.
• Saved $2.2M in tooling cost for the body side inner panels by modifying parts carryover design.
• Negotiated and led 6 design cost reduction initiatives which realized $2.5M in savings.
• Reduced vehicle validation durability time by 80% for Chevy Malibu 4-Poster Road Simulation.
GENERAL ELECTRIC CO, Cincinnati, OH
A multinational technology, service, and aircraft engine manufacturer
Technical Engineer, Aircraft Engineering 1997 - 1998
Responsible for assisting in the implementation of new program assembly procedures including a parts
numbering and a project scheduling system. Led group to exceed production targets by focusing on quality.
• Lowered turbine frame turn-around time 15% by increasing overall aircraft part touch time.
• Saved a $250,000 turbine rear frame part from being scrapped by using diffusion techniques.
• Provided engineering assistance with negotiations of sensitive field studies.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
MSE, Systems Engineering and Management, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 2005
BS, Materials Science Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1997
Company Sponsored Training
Harvard BATNA Negotiations
Teardown and Compare Benchmarking
NCAA Athlete - Team Player
Winning personality proven through National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Track Team
Strengths Finder Top 5:
I increase corporate profits by transforming the procurement function into a proactive source of value,
innovation, exclusivity and partnerships.
Keywords Areas and Specialties: Supply Chain management, Contract Negotiations, Inventory Control,
Logistics, Project Management, Analytical Skills, Distribution, Bid, Pricing Analysis, Cost Reduction, Problem
Resolution, Automotive, Supply Chain Development, Vendor, Relations, Strategic, Spend, Data Mining, Supply
Chain Optimization, auction, Global sourcing, Strategic Planning, Budget, Allocation, Cost Savings, Program
Suppliers which I've worked include: ACS, Advics, Avon Automotive, Bendix, Bosch, Bourns, Continental,
cvgrp.com, Hidden Creek, Indication, KSR, Mando - Brakes, Nissin, Norgren, TRW, TRW Eng., Tyco
Electronics, American Axle, AAM, Akebono - Brake Calipers, Alcoa - Frames, Arvin Meritor or ArvinMeritor,
Bend All , Bosch, Bourns, Cooper, Dana, Delphi, Eaton, Edelbrock, FMC, GlobalHue, GRUPO KUO SAB DE
CV, Hyolim - KOTRA , Magna, Martinrea, Metaldyne, Moog, Federal Mogul, Powers and Sun, Rassini Brake
Rotors and Hubs , Rubber Enterprises, TI Auto, USM, TRW, WARN Industries, Waupaca, ThyssenKrupp,
Thyssen Krupp, AES, Alps, Android, Ariba, Bellville Warehouse, Beru , Bitron, Cadence, CAEA, Calsonic,
Capsonic, Casco, Cherry Automotive, Cherry, Miltamore Sales, Craft Co , D and R, Dakkota - Intier, Daesung,
Delphi Mechatronic Systems, Delphi Steering Saginaw, Denso International, Delphi, Draexlmaier, Fairsun,
Faurecia, Fiamm, Flextronics, Furukawa, Grammer, Grover Horns, Hartmann, Hadley Horns, Helag Electronics,
Hella , Honeywell, Hosiden, Hougong, Huake, Ikro, Indak, Itochu, JCI, Judco, Kostal, K & V, Lear / IAC,
Mallory, Emerson, Marquardt , Matsushita Electronic, Methode, Mindarika, Multicraft, Niles, Omron,
Panasonic, Penske, PHA PyeongHwa, Preh, Roots, Sanyo, Shanghai, Shingchang Electric, Siemens, SKD,
Solectron Invotronics, Sparta , STEC, Stoneridge, Pollak, Sumitomo, Toshiba, Toyo Denso AKA Weastec,
TRAM , Tokai Rika , Trilloma, TRW, Ueda Manufacturing, Valeo, Vimercatti, VQQ , Ford,
Supply chain logistic management procurement responsibilities includes: Distribution, chain supply, inventory,
fulfillment, supply, order fulfillment, transportation, global, sourcing, transportation, demand planning,
warehousing, erp business, manufacturing , inventory, erp, systems, freight, industry chain, vendor managed
inventory, lean chain, and Strategy Business Planning Analysis
Areas of interest include: Future programs buyer, Forward Model Program Buyer , post launch buyer
prototype buyer, material buyer, commodity buyer, production buyer, senior buyer, team leader, sr. buyer,
lead buyer, Logistics and Supply Chain Professional