The Boom of the
Why were the twenties
“roaring” in the United States?
The Boom Cycle
More people can means that goods
afford to buy these can be made
goods a lot cheaper
helps people People spend their wages
to buy the goods and buy more goods
Advertising gets people More people
to want and buy more goods are employed to make
The factors that lead to the
US economic boom
• US industry had been boosted by the war.
• Republican government’s policy of laissez
• Protectionism - import duties raised (1922).
• Mass production - cars, radios, refrigerators
• Hire Purchase - people could buy on credit.
There was massive consumer spending.
All of this generated
something very important