Using the Encumbrance DataMart
The Encumbrance DataMart contains encumbrance, pre-encumbrance, and encumbered expense
transactions. Budget-checking various documents in UCF Financials triggers transactions to
appear in the DataMart the next day. When a requisition is budget checked, a pre-encumbrance
record is created. When a PO is budget checked, encumbrance and relief of pre-encumbrance
records are created. When a voucher is budget checked, expense and relief of encumbrance
records are created. These records all appear in the Financials Encumbrance DataMart the day
after the budget checking process occurs.
To access the Financials DataMart through the MyUCF portal follow these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to http://www.my.ucf.edu and enter your PID and MyUCF password.
3. On the main portal page, you should have a link called Staff Applications. Click that
link to find a second link to the F&A DataMart.
4. Click the Encumbrance button in the top left quadrant of the Financials DataMart.
5. You must select a Reporting Period from the drop-down menu (or verify that the
Reporting Period has defaulted to the time span you wish to query).
BP represents Budget Period, and is equivalent to fiscal year, for departments. For
example, fiscal year 2006 is represented by BP 2006 in the drop-down menu. For
projects, you must select the Active Projects option before you enter any more
selection criteria below.
6. DataMart offers powerful search capability through a combination of Field Names,
Operators, Values, and conditions. In the first row, select a Field Name from the
drop-down menu. Next, select an Operator for the Field Name from the drop-down
menu. Finally, enter a Value in the same row. For example, see 6a – 6c.
Addy Notes 5/3/2006 Page 1 of 3
6a. Select or enter the following on row 1 (the first condition):
Field Name = Department/Project
Operator = Is
Value = 02500001
Running a DataMart query with those criteria for BP 2006 will return all
encumbrance records associated with Department 02500001. You may however,
choose to narrow your search by adding a second or third condition.
6b. Select or enter the following on row 2 (the second condition):
Field Name = Vendor Name
Operator = Like
Value = bank
Adding this condition to the first will return all encumbrance records associated with
Department 02500001 with the word “bank” in the Vendor Name column.
6c. Select or enter the following on row 3 (the third condition):
Field Name = Transaction Date
Operator = Range
Value = 7/1/05 – 10/15/05
Adding this third condition to the first two will return all encumbrance records
associated with Department 02500001 with the word “bank” in the Vendor Name
column that have a Transaction Date within the given date range.
Addy Notes 5/3/2006 Page 2 of 3
7. The Sort by and then by fields provide two ways for you to specify the sort order in
which you want to see results.
8. Click the Run Query button.
9. DataMart results are displayed 50 at a time. Use the First, Previous, Next, and Last
links to navigate among the results.
10. (Optional) You may wish to export the results of the query to Excel to take advantage
of that program’s summing and sorting capabilities. If so, click the Export to Excel
icon located at the top of the results page.
11. For help interpreting DataMart query results, click the Help icon located at the
top of the results page.
Addy Notes 5/3/2006 Page 3 of 3