Reporting Changes AiSH
Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped
What do I have to report while receiving AISH?
As an AISH client, you are required to advise your AISH worker of any changes to your financial,
household or medical situation that may impact your eligibility for AISH or the amount of financial
assistance you receive.
The following must be reported to your AISH worker as soon as they occur.
• Any change in your:
○ medical condition;
○ situation that permits you to begin work, training or rehabilitation;
○ income or assets, or those of your cohabiting partner;
○ marital status or cohabiting partner relationship;
○ number of your dependent children; or
○ address, phone number or other contact information.
• Any moves or extended stays, including:
○ a move by a client, cohabiting partner or dependent child to or from an institution or other
facility such as a hospital;
○ a permanent move outside Alberta; or
○ an extended stay outside Alberta for more than 30 days.
When do I report income?
AISH, in consultation with the client, decides the most appropriate reporting period (monthly, quarterly
or annually) based on certain criteria. Clients may ask to report income more frequently, however,
they cannot report less frequently than the timeframe originally agreed upon.
Why is it important that I report changes?
It is important to inform your AISH worker if your situation changes so your AISH living allowance can
be calculated correctly and your worker can best meet your changing needs.
Information regarding the Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped
Program is available at www.seniors.gov.ab.ca/aish or by calling the
AISH Information Line toll-free at 1-866-477-8589 or 780-644-1364 in the
Edmonton area. You can also call 310-0000 to be connected to an AISH
office nearest you. DS1481 (2009/10)